Tivo Roamio did not see OnePass shows, not set to record.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by data_design, Oct 26, 2016.

1. data_design

data_design New Member

Aug 27, 2014

Advertisements

I have a OnePass on Supergirl. I was looking at the Guide for some reason and saw a NEW episode of Supergirl with no check marks. So I checked for upcoming episodes and the next episode after this one was not checked either. I checked and my one pass is still there but I had to manually check the episodes myself to get it to record. I have seen this before on occasion, but this is getting bad as I think it missed an episode prior to this and I did not notice it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or if it is a known problem?
    Thanks, to all.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Has it been working up to this point? Do the episodes show a "First Aired" date?

Edit: I see that next week's episode has no Season or Episode #, so is probably missing at least programId, so yes this is a known problem. It's called "crappy Rovi data".

JoeKustra likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Both have a valid OAD. I don't have a 1P.

update: previous episodes have valid OAD. On 11/7 there is no OAD.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. data_design

data_design New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Yes, I noticed that there was no season or episode#, but both listings showed the "NEW" icon. That is what made me look to see why they were not marked to be recorded.
    What is ROVI data?

5. Bwana

Bwana Member

Apr 10, 2016

Advertisements

I've seen a few shows that are exhibiting this behavior. Fast & Loud comes to mind. There are a few scattered posts about others, but I'm not sure where the best place is to report them. Hopefully Rovi is aware and working on these.

Tivo used to use data provided by Gracenote for it's guide info. Rovi just bought Tivo. Since Rovi has a similar data service, they now use their own data and are still working through the problems that caused.

6. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The problems are with the quality and accuracy of the data itself. There's no way to work through that.

7. data_design

data_design New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Is there a way to contact them directly with the problems that we all are seeing?

8. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Rovi Lineup Issues & Corrections

(if you're wondering why you would be contacting TiVo with these problems, here's what happened - Rovi bought TiVo, scrapped the Rovi name and is using TiVo as the name of the combined company).

The thing is, they seem to be fixing specific data problems as they are made aware of them. There is absolutely no evidence they are addressing the root cause in order to prevent these problems from happening.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  9. data_design

data_design New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Ok, had a look at that link just now. Very disheartening. Looks like no real hope of getting things fixed until they work our their problems (if they do). Thanks for the link though.