TiVo Roamio cooling | your creative ideas

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by gadgetzilla, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

Tags:
  1. gadgetzilla

gadgetzilla New Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Happy Friday TiVo fans :)

In reading over the previously posted threads, there are discussions (with links to youtube videos) that relate to replacing the built in fan in the Roamio.

What I am proposing is to have this as a master thread to post all ideas/pictures of how creatively you are cooling the TiVo Roamio. Some (like me) put a laptop chiller pad beneath the roamio and also remove the plastic that covers the cable card for improved circulation within the TiVo. I've been also thinking of removing the roamio cover drilling holes above the hard drive as well as the heatsink area of the motherboard then put a couple of 5VDC USB fans. Has anyone done anything similar.

Heat is one of the primary reasons of electronics failing. Looking forward to reading how YOU are cooling your roamio?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I am cooling my Stream, Roamio (3 basic), modem and all with different methods. Easy way:
    Fan on Side.JPG

That give me about 5C drop on a 3TB basic. I have a 3TB with the case half off that has a MBT of 23C to 25C. I need more pictures.

Teeps likes this.
  3. jonw747

jonw747 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I'm not cooling my Roamio Pro directly, but I bought an AC Infinity controller and a couple of fans which I managed to shoehorn in to my Synergy Salamander to keep all my equipment cooler.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019 at 10:28 AM
  5. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    The multiple Plus boxes I've had have no heat issues with the stock fan, so I don't see the need here.