TiVo Roamio audio and video out of sync

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by plazman30, Feb 7, 2016.

1. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005

Advertisements

Just got my Romio up and working in Decmber. My wife loves the Roamio. But I have noticed the audio and video are out of sync on some shows. Doesn't seem to happen all the time.

Right now, my wife is watching the Super Bowl. When I can actually see someone talk, like the ref, it seems to be fine. But then we go to commercial, and the commercial is out of sync.

When we had the Premiere, the audio and video was never out of sync.

2. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    It's definitely hardware and not the broadcast. I just used kmttg to copy off Episode 8 of The Expanse onto my laptop. On my laptop, the audio and video is in sync. Playing through the TiVo, things are out of sync.

Time to do some experimenting with connections between the TiVo and the TV and receiver.

3. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Lol. My Premieres were always out of sync and my Roamios are never out of sync.

Are you on Comcast using MPEG4? I find it is much more unforgiving with errors than MOEG2 and errors cause sync issues, or at least that's my experience from Dish and Directv.

4. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Verizon FIOS.

I realized last night that the Premiere was plugged into the toslink "CD/DVD" connector. The Roamio is plugged into the toslink "Video 3" connector. I switched is back to "CD/DCD" and it looks like the problem has gone away. I'll be able to tell better when I watch some TV tonight.

5. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005

Advertisements

Well, I fixed my sync issue.

My setup had HDMI going into my TV, and TOSLink coming out of my TV into my receiver. That setup worked great with my Premiere. My Roamio didn't like that setup.

So I ran the TOSlink from the back of the Roamio directly to the receiver and everything seems to be in sync now.