TiVo Rewards - Heads Up

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVoPony, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Dec 2, 2005 #1 of 56
    TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...

Advertisements

Just a note for everyone here in the TiVo Rewards program...

Our Rewards team asked me to give you a heads-up about an upcoming change to the Rewards program offerings. The 40-hour TiVo Series2 DVR reward, currently offered at 20,000 points, will soon be rotated out of the Rewards lineup. So, if you were planning on redeeming your points for a 40-hour DVR, you should do so by Sunday night.

Early next week you can expect to see the 80-hour TiVo Series2 DVR to be available as a Reward item, for 25,000 points.

The team asked me to let you know that we value your participation in the Rewards program, and they hope you will find the new 80-hour reward to be a good development.

Please let me know if there's any feedback to pass along to the team!

Cheers,
    Pony

2. Dec 2, 2005 #2 of 56
    ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Well, I am very disappointed that the 140 hour box quietly disappeared a couple weeks ago, just before I got my last referral (today) to reach the 25,000 point level! Now they are replacing it with a smaller box?!? Bummer. Please tell them to leave the Lifetime Service at the current 35k level as that's what I am saving for now!

On a lighter note, you didn't mention the TiVo Slippers now available at the 15,000 level. Not a good deal, but cute.

EBF

3. Dec 2, 2005 #3 of 56
    Stainless Steele

Stainless Steele Wake-Maker!

Feb 2, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Keep up the good work Pony! Keep the new stuff coming!

4. Dec 2, 2005 #4 of 56
    sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Thanks for informing us this time, Pony. A lot of us has been dissapointed in the past when things have changed on us suddenly without warning.

5. Dec 2, 2005 #5 of 56
    ReaDOnlYP

ReaDOnlYP Navy Nuke

Nov 20, 2005
    Charleston, SC

Advertisements

Oh No!! Only one more referral away!!! =(

6. Dec 2, 2005 #6 of 56
    Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    How about also asking the rewards team why I still don't have my points for November which are now over a week late?

7. Dec 2, 2005 #7 of 56
    angra

angra Old Fogey

Apr 12, 2002
    TVP,

I am generally disappointed in the devaluation of the rewards points, however I must say that I think this is a very good thing that you are doing here to warn people here in advance. Tivo will do what it judges is in its overall best interest, but I think that a warning to people saving up is a big help in curbing some of the ill will generated by the devaluation.

8. Dec 2, 2005 #8 of 56
    bud8man

bud8man Tivo Evangelist

Feb 12, 2004
    Oakland, NJ
    yikes...so now instead of a 140 hr unit I can only get an 80 hr unit for my recently aquired 25K....this is one way to get people to loose interest.
    I get the points and the reward goes away before I can redeem....and gets replaced by an inferiour model.
    Next it will take 50K for a 40hr unit....

9. Dec 2, 2005 #9 of 56
    TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...
    Zevida,

If you send me a private message with your contact information I'd be happy to pass your note along to the team.

Pony

10. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Sounds like we are in the same boat, bud8man. What are you going to save for now? Maybe we'll get lucky and new models will really come out (early?) next year and we'll be able to grab one for less than 30k points! :rolleyes:

11. Rhinoboy

Rhinoboy New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I was about to buy a Tivo box as a Christmas present and finally have the 140 hour box that I have been saving for for a year now. I wanted to upgrade from my 40 hour box and 80 is not really a step up. I also noticed that the 80 hour humax w/ DVD recorder and 300 hour Humax have disappeared too. I have other referrals in the works over the holidays and would have worked the extra points to get one of these instead. Could you let us know what Tivo boxes (Slippers not included) will be available as of the current plan (Is the 40 hour Humaxrecorder going away too?) I will still recommend Tivo to everyone, but will stop buying boxes as presents if there is less incentive in it for me. Thank you for your upfront info and please let us know the rest of available details. I assume you are devaluing the points due to people buying referrals on sites like Ebay, but isn't there another way to prevent this? All four of my referrals have come from family and friends who otherwise would not be subscribers (the legitimate way) It is unfortunate that we are penalized too. Thanks for continuing to produce the greatest product in the electronics world.

12. peteypete

peteypete New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Inventory running low? Sell dem Tivos!!

13. dolcevita

dolcevita New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Thanks for the heads up, TivoPony. I think it's great that you all are now giving some advance warning of changes; much appreciated!

14. Rawson819

Rawson819 Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Algonquin, IL
    In light of past of disappointments, the heads-up is a very cool move. Unfortunately the rewards team is still not hearing the cries of the people on the points to dollars ratio. The iPod Shuffle was looking pretty lonely in the 10,000-19,999 category and I don't dispute that the slippers are "cute" but come on, $99 slippers???

15. jennifer

jennifer Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2001
    I've not been able to get into the rewards page this morning. Anyone else having that issue?

16. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Probably doing the update mentioned at the start of this thread!

17. lajohn27

lajohn27 Fanboi.. So what?

Dec 29, 2003
    Canada
    I believe that you will find that the 140hr TIVO brand, the 300 Hr Humax Brand the 80 Hr, Humax Brand DVD units will actually be disappearing from stores as well as the TIVO Rewards page.

Those same models have disappeared from the TIVO Online store. You can't buy one there either.

A quick check of BestBuys in the Los Angeles Area (for example) shows only 2 of 8 stores have stock on the 140 model and none have stock on the 300 hour model.

I believe this is the beginning of the preparations for 'new models'.

Of course, that's my opinion only.

18. topless

topless I love convertibles

Oct 1, 2004
    Perhaps the folks over in the rewards department could look into adding those Harmony universal remotes that TiVo gave away awhile back. That would be worth saving up for!!!!

David

19. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Man those are cool! To bad they're not for sale in the store. :(

Dan

20. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Yeah, but not worth the $$ equivalent of $99, as someone mentioned above. I think they belong in the 5000-9999 level.