TiVo Restore Image Archive

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Larsenv, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Larsenv

Larsenv New Member

Jun 8, 2020

Advertisements

TiVo Restore Image Archive

Index of /TiVo Restore Images
    Alternate Link: TiVo Restore Images - Google Drive

What is this?

This is a collection of TiVo Restore Images that I have gathered over the past few months, which includes images from TiVo Series 2, Series 3 (in WinMFS .tbk format), and Series 4 (in DvrBARS format).

Why?

For some reason, I have an obsession collecting these. It's a fun project, and it can help people restore their TiVos if they have a dead hard drive. I also have an interest in extracting the assets from these images.

Where did you get these from?
    • ThAbtO - Series 2 and Series 3 images
    • ggieseke - Series 4 images
    • jwillis84 - Series 2 Humax, Pioneer and Toshiba DVD burner images
    • ??? - Series 3 Australian TiVo image (I forgot who uploaded it, it was buried in another forum)
    • Usenet - Series 2 Hughes SD-DVR and Philips DSR704 images
    • Dave Math - Series 2 DirecTV HR10-250 image (I don't have this yet, but he is likely to meet up with me and get his drive backed up)
    How can I help?

Please PM me any TiVo Restore Images I don't already have. This includes Series 1 TiVos, which no longer get guide data. A restore image would at least make the TiVo actually run.

I don't care what the format is as long as I can make use of it. Old InstantCake images, WinMFS, etc. are fine. Series 1-3 TiVos can be backed up using WinMFS, and Series 4 TiVos can be backed up using DvrBARS.

I am missing all Series 1 images, and some Series 2 images (most missing are for DirecTV boxes).

What is in your collection?

• Hughes SD-DVR S2 v6.4a.tbk
    • Humax DRT-400 Truncated 2021-01-11.tbk
    • Humax DRT-800 Truncated 2021-01-11.tbk
    • Philips DSR704 S2 v6.4a.tbk
    • Pioneer DVR-57H Truncated 2021-01-11.tbk
    • Pioneer DVR-810H Truncated 2021-01-11.tbk
    • TCD24008A S2 v9.3.2b.tbk
    • TCD140060 S2 v9.3.2b.tbk
    • TCD230040 S2 v9.3.2.tbk
    • TCD540040 S2 v9.3.2b.tbk
    • TCD648250B 11n.H1.tbk
    • TCD649080 S2 DT v9.3.2.tbk
    • TCD652160 HD v11.0n.K1.tbk
    • TCD658000 HD XL 11.0k.tbk
    • TCD663160 TiVoHD160GBimage.tbk
    • TCD746320-20.7.4.RC42-500GB.zip
    • TCD746320-20.7.4.RC42.zip
    • TCD748000-20.7.4b.RC3.zip
    • TCD750500-20.7.4b.RC3.zip
    • TCD758250-20.7.4B.RC3.zip
    • Toshiba RS-TX20 Truncated 2021-01-11.tbk
    • Toshiba RS-TX60 Truncated 2021-01-11.tbk
    Disclaimer

If I'm going to be honest, I haven't really got permission from ThAbtO nor ggieseke to share these. I apologize for that, and I hope they don't kill me for making this thread. I have gotten permission from jwillis84 though. I have tried to share my collection with ThAbtO and potentially get some images I'm missing, but he never responded to my messages for whatever reason. (I don't mean to turn this thread into a rant, nor start drama).

Those images were grabbed using the system here - make a post in the forum and then wait at least 24 hours and get an image that is manually shared. The system works fine, and I understand the images are supposed to be shared privately (I saw a post where ThAbtO asked someone to delete an image they shared that belonged to him), but I feel that it is good to have a backup for preservation in case something happens to someone or something. InstantCake is no longer around, and the few images that are on the Internet have dead links.

I do not mean to have bad intentions by sharing these. ThAbtO and ggieseke, I hope you understand my intentions to preserve these images, and I don't mean to stop you from doing your job of giving out images. All of the images I shared are reuploaded, so you don't have to worry about the links going down.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I saved your link and may use it along the way when its needed. I once publicly shared what I had, but got ranted for it and turned privately. (hope you do the same) The instructions are my own creation which came from experience.

BTW, there is a link inside your (my) instructions mixed in.

3. Larsenv

Larsenv New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Thanks for being cool about it. Do you have any TiVo Restore Images that I am missing? If so, please PM me. It would be nice to have 1:1 what you have.

to be honest, I used a few accounts to ask you for images to avoid suspicion. so if you noticed some unusual image requests, that was probably me.

4. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    That was a little deceiving on your part there.

But then, you could take over when I cannot forefill requests in the future. Just privately via conversations. Similar to what I and @ggieseke had been doing so it won't overwhelm the forum. Since Series 4 and older models are not supported anymore except for lifetimed units, Sometimes I may not share it since it would not help those units and only good for parts.

You may also lack some experience such as when some use the wrong version of WinMFS when it won't work.

5. Larsenv

Larsenv New Member

Jun 8, 2020

Advertisements

Sorry about that, lol. You're welcome to share any new images that I shared. I still think people will continue to ask on the forums for an image.

In return (as I already asked), do you have any S2 or S3 images that I'm missing? Please send them to me in PM if you do.

And yes, I'm aware that S2-S4 TiVos that don't already have lifetime aren't supported. It honestly sucks that TiVo renders those DVRs useless.

6. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its about all I have at this time.

7. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    By not asking for permission and using multiple accounts to avoid suspicion it's clear that you knew it was wrong.

kpeters59 and jmbach like this.
  8. brycepowell

brycepowell New Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Do you have any older (pre-2011) images for TiVo HD from US or Australia?