Tivo restarts- Super fast!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by aadam101, Dec 30, 2011.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Sorry if this was mentioned in the other thread. It was a bit long and this issue has been discussed so many times I thought it was worth it's own thread.

I restarted my Premiere the other night and sat there expecting to wait 6-10 minutes for it to restart.

It only took about TWO minutes. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I went ahead and restarted a second time and it was still around two minutes. I didn't actually time it but the reboot was MUCH faster than it used to be.

2. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Three minutes. Not two...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8878581

3. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Oooops.. Didn't realize there was a summary on the first page. I didn't actually time it. It just felt like two minutes.

It's nice to know that Tivo is truly innovating. It only took them a little over a decade to reach this benchmark. :D

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't think they did anything other than enabled both cores. This seems to have a huge affect on startup time (but not much in the HDUI). I doubt TiVo actually wastes very much development resources on how fast the Tivo starts up since it is meant to be on all the time.