TiVo replaced - Can't remote record?

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Tavis75, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Tavis75

Tavis75 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    I had my TiVo replaced on Monday due to the constant rebooting issue but I now find that I don't seem to be able to remote record anymore, either from the VM website or the iPhone app. I don't remember having to set anything up to get remote record working before (other than my TV region, which I've done).

So is there anything else I need to do, or is there something that Virgin need to do on their side, or is there just a problem with remote record at the moment? Any ideas anyone?

2. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    You didn't mention it but don't forget you have to sign-in too ;)

3. Tavis75

Tavis75 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    LOL, yes I remembered that bit as well!

4. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Fair enough. Just a thought :p No idea then :(

5. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I would call TiVo CS line - I suspect the TSN is still looking at the old box.

6. Tavis75

Tavis75 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Mentioned the problem on the VM TiVo forums and one of their CS staff looked into it, took my e-mail and password (which I changed before sending it to them), tried it themselves and said it seemed to be working fine. I tried it again and it was, so don't know whether it was coincidence (though it hadn't been working for a couple of days), whether they did something but didn't mention it or whether the changing of the password triggered something to update.

7. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I was told it could take 24 hours for the remote record to be assigned to the TSN - perhaps it needed an overnight process to take place.

8. Johnny_boy

Johnny_boy New Member

Nov 19, 2000
    Edinburgh,...
    I scheduled recordings via the web interfaces while on the bus within an hour or so of having my TiVo installed.