TiVo Repair.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by monbri1, Jun 23, 2007.

1. monbri1

monbri1 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    I have a series 2 with a lifetime subscription. As I understand it, I cannot transfer the subscription to another machine (S2 or S3). My S2 video output has stopped working.

So, is there anyway to get the machine fixed or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Brian

2. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
  3. BruceShultes

BruceShultes Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    Or ask weaknees what they would charge to do the repair.

4. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Call TiVo. There is a possibility that they would transfer your lifetime to another box or offer you an upgrade.

5. tivoupgrade

tivoupgrade Sponsor

Sep 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL...
    Chances are that its a bad hard drive that is the cause of your problems. If you are PC savvy, you can pull the hard drive from your TiVo and run diagnostics on it using your PC. If it turns out that your hard drive is defective, you can replace it with a new one from the TiVo Community Store and that should solve your problem.

If its the unit that is defective (and you are unable to transfer the lifetime subscription, or would prefer not to get a new TiVo) there is a good chance the unit itself can be repaired as well.

We highly recommend CCS for unit repairs and that is where we send units when its not a problem we can repair in-house.