Tivo remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by oberto, Jul 24, 2007.

1. oberto

oberto New Member

Jul 24, 2007

Advertisements

Can the Tivo remote control a Denon receiver for source switching..

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    The 'Glo' remote - probably, because it has limited programmability. Other TiVo remotes - I don't think so, the 'TV Input' button is keyed to the TV. I don't know if you can trick it by entering a receiver code.

3. oberto

oberto New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Where can I find the Denon codes ..they are not lisited in the book

4. PopcornGuy

PopcornGuy New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Yes it will, but you will lose the functionality of the Input or Mute buttons. I have a Denon receiver and programmed those two buttons to toggle different sound configurations. Changing sources requires using the other remotes but I use the other sources rarely. Since I can pause Tivo I never really need the mute function. I've also got the Tivo remote set to turn on/off both the TV and receiver with the power button.

5. jwehman

jwehman Member

Feb 26, 2003
    Superior, CO

Advertisements

You can program the S3 Remote to turn on/off TWO devices at the same time?! I did not know that....

Edit: Never mind...searching TiVo's website reveals:

The Series3 and TiVo Glo remotes can control power for up to three different devices.

~ To learn power for a second device, follow all of the instructions above but for Step 2, press the number 1 before pressing TV Power.

~ To learn power for a third device, follow all of the instructions above but for Step 2, press the number 2 before pressing TV Power.

If you use the TiVo remote to control power for more than one device, it is possible that one or more devices may not receive the Power On signal (for example, the TV may power on but the A/V receiver may not). Pressing Power again may turn off one device as the other turns on. If this happens frequently, you may need to turn on power for one device individually, either with its own remote or by pressing the Power button on the device itself.

Learn something new every day!