TiVo remote with Xbox one

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by No1hedberg, Jan 24, 2017.

1. No1hedberg

No1hedberg New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Hello. I've tried searching multiple times and can't find an answer, so I'm hoping one of you will know. I have my TiVo bolt running through my Xbox one. My wife and I both like it that way. When we walk in the room we turn on the Xbox, which turns on the tv. The Xbox defaults to the tv interface, and instantly we are watching tv. If my friends get online or invite me to Skype, play games, or we want to watch a bluray I get it all from the Xbox. All the tv watching is done with the TiVo remote. It would make it an even better solution, if I could use the tv power button on the TiVo remote to turn on the Xbox rather than the tv as the Xbox already does that. It would pare it all down to one remote. Unfortunately I can't find a remote code to do it. Does anyone know of one that would work. Thanks in advance.

2. anthem11

anthem11 New Member

May 15, 2012
  3. No1hedberg

No1hedberg New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    I haven't tried that. I have the standard Bolt remote, so it doesn't do the learning thing. Maybe an excuse to buy the slide remote. Thanks for your help.

4. eherberg

eherberg Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    "Hey Cortana, Turn On" doesn't turn it on?

anthem11 likes this.
  5. No1hedberg

No1hedberg New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Yes, but you usually have to shout 3 or 4 times before it actually works. I have an Xbox remote that I usually use. It would just be convenient if the TiVo remote would do it.