Tivo Remote erratic

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by houman, Apr 7, 2020.

1. houman

houman Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    My Tivo Remote for Roamio Basic (4 cable tuner / cable) died recently so I've been using my Tivo Mini's Remote on the Roamio. But yesterday for the majority of the day the RF signal wasn't working and was very erratic and I had to switch to IR. But today the RF is working just fine.

Wondering if others have had similar issues and if that's caused by some form of interference ? Batteries are new and I even rebooted the Tivo yesterday.

I am running on old firmware (non Hydra)

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry, but "new" doesn't mean anything with RF. There's a battery charge indicator in System Information. I use Lithium and they are always 100% until they die quickly.

My Roamio and A93 Mini have serious noise problems. I frequently have to cover the front to get RF back after it drops back to IR mode. I think it might be the LED lights I use, or just too much stuff too close. Also, I block the front of both basic Roamio boxes so they don't respond to IR. There is a Premiere in the mix too. I don't let it bother me anymore.

3. houman

houman Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    It was @ 90% for RF I just checked. But I'll keep an eye on it in case it happens again...

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Great. 90% is normal for new Alki batteries.