Tivo Remote codes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kemscm, Aug 1, 2011.

1. kemscm

kemscm New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I have an old Daewoo TV and a Series 2 Humax Tivo (DVD). It all worked fine. A couple of weeks ago, the remote control gave up the ghost. Got a new remote and sat down to set it up -- and NO Daewoo remote codes worked.

Now, I have set up this TV several times before (with at least 2 different Tivo models) and never had this problem. Has Tivo disappeared a bunch of old remote codes??? If so, where can I find them? I see references to it on these forums but, when I click on the link, it just takes me to a plain old Tivo help page.

I don't have the patience to count to 9999 slowly.

Responses that ask me why I don't buy a new tv (or a new tivo), while they may amuse the poster, won't really help me solve this problem.

Thanks to anyone who can point me to a list with Daewoo codes that work - like they used to.

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Tried calling Tivo? Somebody there most surely knows ther "older, missing" codes, if that is indeed the case.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are you talking about a TiVo brand remote?

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    When I got a Premiere, I found that the remote that came with it didn't work with my TV, using any of the codes specified for the brand on the TiVo's own setup menus. The same codes did work with older peanut remotes. Luckily I found a message here that gave me the right code to make the Premiere remote work.

What's your exact model of TV?

5. kemscm

kemscm New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Well, it's a big heavy TV, but I think I was able to get the model number using a flashlight and a mirror! It's an old DTQ-2975FC.

I appreciate the help!

6. kemscm

kemscm New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    And yes, it's a Tivo brand remote -- the same as the one that it replaced. A Series 2 Humax DVD remote. (They are not easy to find, but I found one.)

7. kemscm

kemscm New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Just bumping this up in hopes someone who knows the answer will see it. I have emailed Tivo Customer Support....to no avail....

8. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    What does Humax have to say? :D