tivo remote codes??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by hoopsrgreat, Dec 30, 2005.

1. hoopsrgreat

hoopsrgreat New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    california
    I amtrying to program my remote to my PioneerElite to work with my tivo.
    The remote has stuff already pre programmed into the thing, but I am not sure what the tivo is as far as manufacturer.

It is an r10 with the D* logo and a tivo logo, but who makes the thing?? The one in my bedroom clearly has a Philips logo, but not the one in my living room.

Anyone know??

Thanks

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Doesn't matter if its a hughes, philips, rca, samsung, they ALL use the same code!! So if there are PVR code listed under philiops or hughes, use them. If there aren't any PVR codes, you're out of luck. Sat codes won't work.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Philips VCR might also work.

4. hoopsrgreat

hoopsrgreat New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    california
    The way the remote works is you select what you want it called on the remote, you then select a manufacturer, after the manufacturer is selected, I then scrol through the different pieces of equipment such as LD, CD, etc..,

There is nothing under Hughes, and under Philips I have dvd, ld, cd, cd, cd-r, and tv. None of them worked, so I guess Ill have to do it manually:(

Oh well.

Thanks anyway

5. Draven X. Byrne

Draven X. Byrne Pope to the TiVos

Jun 2, 2003
    Hailing...
    Maybe this is a sign that God wants you to get a new remote - like the HTM Osiris :D :up: :up:

DXB

6. hoopsrgreat

hoopsrgreat New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    california
    Are you married??
    In the last 5 months I have bought a new Pioneer Elite receiver and a 61" Samsung 1080p HDTV.

Buying the remote might push her over the top and me out the door:)

7. Draven X. Byrne

Draven X. Byrne Pope to the TiVos

Jun 2, 2003
    Hailing...
    Yes -

I've been married for 5 years now. Although with those purchases I wouldn't try either - although it been a couple months now - for $200 on eBay - I'd do it now.

DXB