TiVo remote and Sonos Playbar?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JammasterC, Dec 6, 2019.

1. JammasterC

JammasterC giggty, giggty

Aug 9, 2005
    Southern, NJ
    Can the TiVo remote that came with Bolt Vox control volume on Sonos Playbar?
    I don’t see Sonos in the Amp/receiver section of remote codes.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Mine do. I have Mini Vox, and the remotes that came with them (which I think are the same remotes you have) control my Sonos Playbar.

I have both Roamios and Mini-Vox on TVs with the Sonos, and all the remotes (both styles) work them.

The bad news... I had someone install my entire A/V setup, and they were familiar with TiVo, and programmed all the remotes (for new TVs and the Sonos). If there's a way I can reverse pick up a code off a remote, I'm happy to do that.

JammasterC likes this.
  3. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    JammasterC likes this.
  4. JammasterC

JammasterC giggty, giggty

Aug 9, 2005
    Southern, NJ
    I was really satisfied how easy it was to set up my Samsung Tv(power on) and Onkyo receiver(power on and volume +-).

Now on to the LG Tv and Sonos Playbar.

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    I think you program any tv code into the TiVo remote, probably good idea it same as your tv brand, and then you teach the sonos playbar the commands from the TiVo remote:

Controlling PlayBar with TiVo remote | Sonos Community

6. cathyy

cathyy New Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Yes, we have our Tivo remote controlling volume and mute on our Sonos playbar. If you use the Sonos app to set up the Playbar you never need to touch the settings on your TV. The Sonos setup app has you push a couple of buttons on your Tivo remote and then it Just Works,

Like yours, our Samsung TV has no Sonos option in the TV audio settings. I did find on the Sonos Forum that the Denon code 1041 is supposed to work for the Playbar - not that I needed that info.

Mikeguy likes this.