TiVO Records Wrong Channel!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by iconoclast, May 24, 2015.

1. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

Oct 27, 2014

Advertisements

Tonight, 5-23-2015, I had TiVo set to record 3 shows on Fox Sports 1 (FS1)
    UFC Prefight Show 4-5 PM
    UFC Prelims 5-7 PM
    UFC Post Fight Show 10:30-11:30 PM

At ~10:45PM when the fights were over, I tried to watch all this. I selected UFC Prefight show from My Shows & it had recorded CNN programing! (CNN is ch 1036, But, TiVo listed this recording as FS1 1031) Could see the CNN logo in the lower right yet, when I hit INFO button it said it was FS1 1031. I skimmed thought & it was all CNN programming. I then deleted it & tried to watch UFC Prelims show & it again was CNN. Again could see the CNN logo in the lower right yet, when I hit INFO button it said it was FS1 1031.

Finally I tried to watch post fight show & it was in fact the FS1 post fight show.

I called Cox & they claim no issues & it was not them. That leaves TiVo &/or the company that does the channel lineup for TiVo.

Obviously , this fiasco made me miss 2 programs I wanted to see.

I’m in Phoenix, AZ.

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do you have a tuning adapter? That's probably the culprit. My guess is that both CNN and Fox Sports 1 are switched digital channels, and for some reason, the tuning adapter never requested (or the head-end never received the request for) Fox Sports 1, leaving whatever channel was last on that slot, which in your case was probably CNN.

I'd reboot the tuning adapter to try and avoid further issues.

3. gespears

gespears Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Phoenix
    I had something like this happen a while back and the problem was that the guide data had changed incorrectly and had two channels with the same number. It took a few days for them to figure it out and change it. That doesn't sound like your problem but just relaying for posterity.

4. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Yes, LoadStar, I have the accursed TA. However, I reboot it 1x/month to hopefully prevent the cannot tune channel & other issues. I never watch or tune to or scroll past CNN so highly unlikely that one of the tuners was set to CNN.

Gespears, I also had an issue like you describe several months ago & posted about it (cannot find the post now) Took many days b4 that company fixed the wrong channel issue & was not able to set recordings w/o recording the incorrect channel for days. I suspect this incident was the fault of that channel mixup but, in this case they somehow corrected in hours rather than days. Although I had thought communication with host server was needed to fix such errors. So, I’m not sure. I am sure I did not make any error & still have both CNN programs deleted in History with FS1 UFC etc. In the program title & description yet, they are actually CNN programs.

Thanks!

5. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID

Advertisements

Any chance you have suggestions turned on, and that tuned to CNN? I just looked at my suggestions, and I have a show from CNN. I never watch CNN, or record anything from it, but sure enough I have a show. Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown... Cooking, Reality, Travel. Check. Plus I've given thumbs up to shows on other channels with Tony Bourdain.

6. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Nope, never had or will have Suggestions turned on.