TIVO Recordings not Transferring to PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by KyleRayner, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Jul 8, 2007 #1 of 10
    KyleRayner

KyleRayner New Member

Jul 8, 2007

Advertisements

I'm a newbie so please be patient with me. I just got the TIVO Series 2 DT. I have it hooked up to my wireless network at home. I have no trouble transferring videos, music, and photos from my PC to the TIVO.

But for some reason my TIVO recordings are not transferring to my PC.

Any guidance would be very helpful. Again keep in my mind, I'm a newbie and at times can be technologically challenged, so you may have to explain this to me like the "Dummies" books....LOL!!!

Thanks,

Marc

2. Jul 8, 2007 #2 of 10
    dcahoe

dcahoe TiVoPlayList Author

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    You may need to go to 'Manage My Account' at tivo.com and enable transfers for your box.

3. Jul 8, 2007 #3 of 10
    KyleRayner

KyleRayner New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I've already done that. I don't know what else to do.

4. Jul 8, 2007 #4 of 10
    steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  5. Jul 8, 2007 #5 of 10
    KyleRayner

KyleRayner New Member

Jul 8, 2007

Advertisements

I turned off all my firewalls.

6. Jul 9, 2007 #6 of 10
    steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Hmm...Are you a virgin? ;) That is, is this your first attempt at trying to transfer a show to your PC? Knowing whether or not you've been successful in the past would help narrow down the diagnostic alleys.
    What version of Tivo Desktop are you using? Wired or wireless network?
    Maybe try re-entering your MAK into Tivo Desktop.

Also, this happened to me. My computer has an nVidia chipset for networking on the motherboard. It also had its own built-in firewall that I had to dig for and disable.

7. Jul 9, 2007 #7 of 10
    KyleRayner

KyleRayner New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Yes this is my first time trying to attempt to transfer a show to my PC. I'm using TIVO Desktop 2.4a and I'm on a wireless network.

8. sconi1

sconi1 New Member

May 30, 2007
    I had the same problem the other day. I called TIVO and the service rep told me to turn off the firewall. I have Norton. I created a rule to allow the TIVO to transfer to the PC and it worked! :up:

9. KyleRayner

KyleRayner New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    All my firewalls are turned off including McAfee. When you say you created a rule, I don't know what that means. Like I said in my original post, I am technologically challenged.

10. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think adding a rule means that you have to configure your security software to allow the Tivos IP address, and open certain ports that Tivo uses, etc.

He makes it sound simple, but it took me at least a couple of weeks working out all the details. Searching and reading this forum was a BIG help. Don't give up using the forum search function -- It takes a while -- just try using different key words.