TIVO Recording Jumbled....replaced but...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Lvr44DD, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Lvr44DD

Lvr44DD New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    hey everyone,
    Here's the deal....I have Directv and my daughter bought me a DVR for Xmas last year......ok the last few months I would record and it would be all jumbled like it was when we had a storm and it would start to go out. Well hence....no storm.....just a problem with DVR....ok they camne yesterday and replaced it for me, now this one (Directv DVR R10)keeps restarting. It would power up and then come in.....we would watch tv for about 15-20 minutes, then it shut off and restarted. This has been happening every 15-20 minutes since last night. I have unplugged it and left it off, thinking it would reset. I read on the forum here to redo the setup, so I did. No help from either. Then I read to restart by deleting everything and starting over should take about 2 hours. Ok I deleted it and it said deleting could take up to an hour do not unplug recorder. Ok well its been since 12:15 pm....and it is now 4:22pm. It goes from the deleting screen to the powering up to the almost there screen and then goes right back to the deleting screen and starts all over. Does it really take thAT LONG TO DO? oR IS THERE A PROBLEM WHERE IT IS "stuck"? There was only 5 shows saved to watch. Not a whole lot to delete. I just got it yesterday at noon! Any help?? My husband is ready to throw it out the door. He couldn't watch tv! He is now watching off a reciever from our bedroom! Please help. Thanks Lvr44DD

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Sounds defective - ask for another one.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Yup, hard drive failure. Have it replaced.