Tivo R84809CGMT 1tb hELP

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by iBattaglia, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iBattaglia

iBattaglia New Member

Apr 30, 2017

Advertisements

need help i have folllowed everything and what not and everything seems to work for my Tivo HDD from a 848 system and when almost completing i get this ******* error MFS reformat error the drive would have 1 media regions, and than another after it wtf? it shouldn't we this hard to reformat a hardrive lol its a ******* hardrive not a nasa drive like wtf is going on so frustrated here its 1tb and want it.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I do not understand what you are trying to do? It looks like you are trying to use MSFR on a 1TB drive, which is not needed for a Roamio. Roamio can take up to 3TB full capacity just swapping out the drive.

3. iBattaglia

iBattaglia New Member

Apr 30, 2017
    no i want to take the HDD out and use it in my PC

4. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    To do what?

5. iBattaglia

iBattaglia New Member

Apr 30, 2017

Advertisements

For storage and what not

6. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Explain.

Are you taking the Tivo drive out to get shows off?

Need more detailed information.

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    What operating system is your PC, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc? If Windows, you should just be able to open disk management and format the drive. I can't help you with the other 2 OS's, but you could also use the disk manufacturer's tools to wipe it as well.

Scott

8. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    It is a little difficult following what you are trying to do.

From your initial post it sounds like you are using a program MFSR on a 1 TB drive. MFSR is used on 3 TB and larger drives to 4k align the inodes and create an image that uses the whole drive for recording inside a Roamio or Bolt. The maximum size it can work on is an 8 TB drive.

From subsequent posts is sounds like you are just going to use the TiVo drive on your computer. If you are, then run WD diagnostic on the drive and do a quick erase. The drive can then be easily formatted by windows for use. You will lose all the recording on that drive.