tivo promises ever coming

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lamotte, May 24, 2011.

1. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    still waiting for the update on my premier and not here as yet. also very tired of all the promises from tivo like 6 months free and now down to just 30 days. would love to toss it out but still locked into a contract and not planning to give them something for nothing.

who else besides myself would walk away in a heartbeat if given a change to right now. so tired of all the promises and lack of respect for us

2. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    I don't remember TiVo promising anything in regards to 6 months of free Hulu+, maybe you're mixing up leaks with official communication?

I agree their engineering department is not being managed efficiently as we're still running half completed software, but you're claiming TiVo made a promise that they simply did not.

3. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Tivo didn't promise 6 free months of hulu, not at all, but its still a slap in the face to everyone who bought their premier at a far more expensive price. however, thats the price of an early adopter sometimes.

theres tons of other promises they havn't fulfilled,and I wouldnt count on them ever being fixed. and yes,I would walk away faster than I could say good-bye if given the chance, and as soon as my deal is up, I will be moving on.

4. rdodolak

rdodolak Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Early adopters usually end up paying higher prices too; that's all part of being an early adopter.

But I would agree. Sony offered a free 3-month trial to all of its customers when Hulu Plus first became available regardless if they were new or old customers. Now they only offer a free 1-week trial.

5. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
  6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    6 months free for Hulu is for new customers (recent activations). Existing customers can still get one month free. This has been clear since they made the Hulu announcement. And the software update was rolled out to everyone today, so you will get it when your box makes its next connection. I'm not sure what you are even upset it.

7. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    i will now say i am sorry as i misquoted myself earlier tonite they are giving new tivo owners 6 months of hulu plus and current owners one month free

8. rdodolak

rdodolak Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Where did you hear that from? I've tried connecting to the TiVo network several times today (including just now) and my DVR still doesn't have it.

9. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    click on the link i put there earlier tonite. and follow it down about 6 links and has story about the free 6 months for new users and one month for the older ones

10. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    14.8 hit my box early today

11. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    What exactly has TiVo promised that they have not delivered on? The only thing I am aware of is enabling the second core on the CPU, and we only get that from second hand sources like Engadget.

12. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010

the permiere has broken youtube playlists and favorites and its still not fixed, and theres nothing at Tivo support to help you with it. its just like 'hey we said we had this stuff but j/k we don't at all and we won't help you fix it.

Youtube without playlists and favorites is useless to me, it might as well not even be on there. that is effectively a broken promise, as is an unfinished UI.