TiVo Programme Listings/Schedule Errors (No discussions here please)

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by xneilj, May 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 2, 2001 #1 of 468
    xneilj

xneilj New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    UK
    Please use this thread to inform TiVo about problems you have found with the guide data (wrong programme listed, incorrect description, etc.)

Problems with your channel lineup should be reported in this thread.

When recording a problem, please provide all the following information:

Callsign:
    Programme Name:
    Date/Time:
    Problem:

Note that old reports (at least a month) may be archived to this thread to make this main thread less cluttered and easier to read. Recent non-listing issue (or discussion) posts may also be moved here.

Please keep this thread factual and start a separate thread for discussions.

2. Sep 26, 2006 #2 of 468
    Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    Interesting that this has now started to right itself all on its own before ozsat launched this as an official issue with his Tribune contacts.

I suppose its not beyond the bounds of possibility that certain people at Tribune are subscribed to this thread and keep an eye on it to spot more serious customer discontent before things get too far out of hand. They then perhaps choose not to reply because that would obviously then leave them open to even higher expectations and people thinking they would get a firm Tribune reply on each and every EPG issue that is logged in this thread.

Well Tribune if you are reading this then many UK Tivo Sky platform users really would like the lack of data for the movie channels Zone Thriller, TrueMovies, TrueMovies2, Movies4Men and ActionMax sorted out before someone has to make a big deal about it somewhere else. ZoneThriller is now in the same stable as ZoneHorror and Zone Reality and Zone Reality Extra which you do get data for and have done for ages so there really can't be any excuse for not persuading someone in the listings department at Zone to sort out also supplying the EPG data for the Zone Thriller channel.

The addition of EPG data for the other Movies channels mentioned in the Sky EPG would also be greatly appreciated. They are all in the 330-340 channel number range.

3. Sep 27, 2006 #3 of 468
    Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    I see that Sky channel 165 Bonanza Tv is yet another low numbered new Sky Free to Air channel showing real television programs that Tivo UK/Tribune is failing to properly support in the Tivo UK EPG presumably on the alleged basis that the channel is not willing to furnish it with program listings? Yet like all the other FTA channels showing normal programs for which Tivo has no EPG data Tribune expects us to believe they will not supply data to it, even though there are full program listings in the Sky EPG for all these classic shows of the 1950s.

Tribune please note that I am about to email the Managing Directors of all these channels to confirm if it is indeed their wish that Sky should have their program listings but Tribune should not.

Or does Sky now have a new anti competitive agreement with all new FTA channels that are listed in the Sky EPG that prevents the channels concerned letting their listings being supplied to any other program listing agencies supplying data to UK based customers?

4. Sep 27, 2006 #4 of 468
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    As I uderstand it, each channel is responsible for it's own EPG data (ie nothing to do with Sky themselves) and can be fined by Sky if it's not kept up-to-date; ie a late-running schedule is not updated.

Unless someone would like to correct me, of course :)

No, but it wouldn't much of a shock if they did ;):D

5. Sep 27, 2006 #5 of 468
    Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    Would seem to me a very real danger with the BBC and ITV threatening to actively market their own Freesat product. One can just imagine these channels having no EPG on the BBC/ITV product and thus it seeming inferior to Sky.

I find it odd that Tribune has EPG listings for all the older Sky EPG listed FTA stations but not most of the more recent non major ones. I strongly suspect this has nothing at all to do with willingness of the channels to provide data and everything to do with Tribune not wanting to increase the workload involved in supporting their Tivo contract.

As long as no one complains loudly enough Tribune will carry on trying to get away with not providing the listings for these more recent FTA channels with real tv programs on them.

6. Sep 28, 2006 #6 of 468
    khadland

khadland New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Maybe a bit late but noticed:

Callsign: BBC2
    Programme Name: Gardener's World
    Date/Time: Fridays 8:30pm
    Problem: Existing season pass not picking up next 2 week's programme

7. Sep 29, 2006 #7 of 468
    falcon44

falcon44 New Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Huntingdon
    Probably too late really.

Callsign: Trouble
    Programme Name: That 70's Show
    Date/Time: Friday 5:30pm
    Problem: Just got back from a week away and found my FROSP has recorded a week of My Wife and Kids when TiVo thought it was a new series of That 70's show.

There appear to be hundreds of upcoming episodes but does anybody know if there is really a new season showing and if so at what times? I have lost confidence in Trouble's Guide Data now.

8. Sep 29, 2006 #8 of 468
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Platform: Telewest
    Channel: Bravo 2
    Time/Date: 10pm 29/09/06 (ie NOW!)

From Tivo
    Name: The Firm
    Description: A law-school graduate uncovers a sinister secret about the Tennessee firm that made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    Year 1993
    Actors Tom Cruise, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Gene Hackman, Holly Hunter, Ed Harris, Hal Holbrook, Terry Kinney, Wilford Brimley, David Strathairn, Gary Busey, Steven Hill, Tobin Bell, Barbara Garrick, Jerry Hardin, Paul Calderon, Jerry Weintraub, Karina Lombard, John Beal, Sullivan Walker

From DigiGuide:
    FILM: The Firm
    On: Bravo 2 (154)
    Date: Friday 29th September 2006
    Time: 22:00 to 23:20 (1 hour and 20 minutes long)
    Disturbing drama about a seemingly respectable estate agent who leads a double life as the head of a vicious, well-organised gang of football hooligans. When 'the Firm' decide to confront a rival gang, it ends in tragedy.
    (Made For TV, 1988, 18, 3 Star)
    Director: Alan Clarke
    Starring: Gary Oldman, Lesley Manville, Philip Davis, Andrew Wilde, Charles Lawson, William Vanderpuye

DG is correct and Tivo is not :( Been waiting weeks for this too.

Admittedly, it's not the sort of thing that Bravo2 would show (a top US film) but I didn't really take any notice of which channel it was on :)

9. Sep 29, 2006 #9 of 468
    Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    The Firm being shown by Bravo2 about the estate agent still sounds quite interesting. Couldn't you watch that instead?

Now is this Bravo2's fault or is it Tribune's :confused: :eek:

Prior to this incident you would have assured me it was bound to be all Bravo2's fault and that Tribune never erred if only they were given the correct data? ;)

But if so then how come Digiguide has got the correct program details for the right The Firm. Also which The Firm is the Telewest EPG currently showing? :(

10. Sep 29, 2006 #10 of 468
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Beats the heck outta me :p

Erm.. no. I have never said that Tribune were perfect. This is a different problem. One wrong programme as opposed to whole schedules missing. Not the same thing at all :)

I'm guessing it was a smple (if rather annoying) database error.

Actually, I never thought to check! Haven't used the standard TW EPG in years; my recent time with TVDrive not withstanding ;) Too late now.

11. Sep 29, 2006 #11 of 468
    Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    What you mean you can't go back and look at programs that have shown in the last 24 hours like you can with a Tivo. Even then I get annoyed because Tivo won't let me set a Season Pass for shows in that past 24 hours list.

Looks another reason why you will have to hang on to the Tivo then Carl. ;)

12. Sep 30, 2006 #12 of 468
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Like I need any other reasons :D

13. Sep 30, 2006 #13 of 468
    Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    But I thought that only the other day I heard you extolling the ways of Satan and saying your TvDrive box did pretty much everything you requied it to do pretty competently. :eek:

Perhaps you can highlight the deficiencies of your 3 tuner TvDrive that will also mean you still need to run a Tivo too? I suppose Tivoweb and remote access would come up as a starter? Any chance that Tv Drive is planning to allow remote scheduling?

14. Sep 30, 2006 #14 of 468
    steveroe

steveroe Must do some work...

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Can we take this discussion to another thread please, this is not the place...

15. Oct 3, 2006 #15 of 468
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Callsign: SCIFI
    Programme: Name: Medium
    Date/Time: 16th October / 9:00pm
    Problem: Incorrect OAD (17/01/06) means a FROSP is not picking up the new Season.

16. Oct 6, 2006 #16 of 468
    Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Not shown on UK TV for over 10 years and it would seem Tivo listings "experts" have got it mixed up with the movie :(

Callsign: SCIFI
    Programme: Name: Logan's Run
    Date/Time: 6th October / 9:00pm
    Problem: Part 1 of series with Gregory Harrison, Heather Menzies, and Reclective Enterty Mobile.

http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/logantv/index.htm

Automan.

17. Oct 7, 2006 #17 of 468
    Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Farnborough,...
    V8 Utes
    On: Motors TV (413)
    Date: Sunday 8th October 2006 (and other dates and times)
    Time: 13:00 to 14:00 (1 hour long)

Sky and Digiguide have this as V8 Utes (Correct) - Tivo has it as V8 Brutes :eek:

18. Oct 8, 2006 #18 of 468
    BaggieBoy

BaggieBoy Large Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Tadley,...
    It seems that the two upcoming Prime Suspect episodes on ITV have become disconnected. If you select the one the 15th October and select to see other broadcasts, nothing it shown (even though the second part on the 22nd is in the EPG). The same happens if you select the one on the 22nd, the 15th episode isn't shown.

19. Oct 9, 2006 #19 of 468
    AaronF

AaronF New Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Callsign: BBC1SCO
    Programme Name: The Politics Show
    Date/Time: Sunday 15 October 2006 / 12:00
    Problem: Not scheduled to record - "Duplicate" in Recording History (seems to affect all episodes so none get recorded)

20. Oct 11, 2006 #20 of 468
    threadkiller

threadkiller Dark side Nrth Devon

Dec 12, 2002
    Just going to report this, both episodes have different numbers 2964640 for the 15th and 2967446 for the 22nd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.