TiVo program guide problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JackStraw, Jul 11, 2015.

1. JackStraw

JackStraw Member

Oct 22, 2002

Advertisements

I have the Roamio Pro. My cable provider is Verizon FIOS Cherry Hill, NJ. On a few channels like STARZ original series new episodes no longer have the new designation. For instance this week's episode of Power which is a new episode premiering at 9pm tonight does not have the new designation. This makes it impossible to set up a season pass. When I set up season passes I set the options to record new episodes only. This is not a glitch for just this week. Next week's episode is also missing the new designation. This is the first time this has happened. It is occurring on some other channels with weekly shows. I have many season passes set up and if this occurs TiVo won't record the new weekly episodes as it is missing from the guide. Obviously I can set up manual weekly recordings but this defeats the purpose of the season pass. Is anybody noticing this problem with their cable provider using a TiVo with a cable card.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The new designation in the guide is not usually the reason a new show records. Check the To Do List. Usually a show will be new if it is new to your TiVo. See if that helps. If not, setting the 1P to new and repeats might help until it gets fixed.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The NEW tag is disregarded and solely rely on the Original AirDate in the Program Info.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Upon closer inspection "POWER" is really messed up in the guide/TiVo. The information is correct on Zap2It, so something went wrong. The OAD is correct, but I would still put it on New & Repeats until it's fixed. There will be a lot of repeats unless you kill them in the To Do List first.