TiVo Program Guide Data Upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TiVoSupport_Sarah, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Aug 26, 2016 #1 of 1083
    TiVoSupport_Sarah

TiVoSupport_Sarah TiVo Representative

Mar 30, 2015

Advertisements

TiVo is upgrading the guide data associated with all the shows and movies on our DVRs so that we can provide more accurate program information to our subscribers. This upgrade should take only a few hours, and will mostly happen during the late night or early morning to minimize the impact to our customers. TiVo does not expect many users to have any issues but it is possible that you may not have full functionality during this time. You will be able to play recordings, watch live TV, and use streaming applications (e.g., Netflix, Hulu). When the changes are complete, you will get back the full TiVo experience you've come to expect!

If you have any feedback or need any assistance please reply to this thread and we will respond as quickly as possible. We also recommend visiting our support article that may answer your questions by clicking here https://support.tivo.com/SupportPor.../Essential_Summary/Program-Guide-Data-Updates.

2. Aug 26, 2016 #2 of 1083
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I think we noticed. :D

Defsmith likes this.
  3. Aug 26, 2016 #3 of 1083
    streich

streich New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Issue with WishList search / Upcoming

Had WishList with:

Title keyword: Harry Potter

It says "There are no shows matching this WishList in the next two weeks"

But if I do a Search for "HARR" it shows "Harry Potter and the Order of... (2007)" and it's on a channel in my lineup (HBOHD) and it's coming up on Sat 9/3.

The Title of this item shows up as "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)"

One issue was that I had "HD Only" and the upcoming wasn't in HD. Changed that. But I also notice that if I used Category: Movie it does not consider this an Upcoming showing.

That suggests Category settings may be suspect on this (all) shows?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. Aug 26, 2016 #4 of 1083
    slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yes, please get Rovi to fix the lack of OAD for new sports events ASAP. All of the 1Ps and ARWLs have to be set to new and repeats or nothing will record (i.e. the 'new only' that you set before with TMS data does not work now).

This is completely broken.

5. Aug 26, 2016 #5 of 1083
    dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH

Advertisements

First, thanks for posting about this. Any official TiVo attention on this unofficial TiVo forum is appreciated. And I'm sincere in this, not being sarcastic. That said, a couple of comments:

1. "TiVo is upgrading the guide data associated with all the shows and movies on our DVRs so that we can provide more accurate program information to our subscribers.". Really? Is that the only reason or even the primary one? Other factors such being part of Rovi, or reducing cost, don't enter here? Everyone spins but it does get tiresome. I wonder what specific improvements will be realized with the Rovi guide data? I don't see that in the FAQ's you linked.

2. This post would have been so much more helpful if done a week or so earlier. I see the origination date on the FAQ's you linked is 8/16/2016.

6. Aug 26, 2016 #6 of 1083
    slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Of course this is spin, but she's just the relay for the meisters. There's no way Rovi has better data, we already have proof of that with WMC. Just sports being broken alone is proof of that for Tivo.

7. Aug 26, 2016 #7 of 1083
    andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    When recording movies, they show under "Recording" and "All" in the My Shows list but are not shown in the "Movies" section.

8. Aug 26, 2016 #8 of 1083
    BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    1. The Tivo wants to record every repeat airing of shows like The Daily Show and primetime cable news programs, even though I have the OnePasses set to "New Only". Replays should not be recorded.

2. The "Movies" category under My Shows doesn't work.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  9. Aug 26, 2016 #9 of 1083
    PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    After the upgrade, the folder in my shows for movies is now empty except for one movie, all of the rest of them can only be found under "all". Is that a bug?

10. Aug 26, 2016 #10 of 1083
    TechNovice

TechNovice TechNovice

Jun 17, 2013
    This afternoon, we noticed a message on our Roamio Pro saying that no program data is available. We can watch TV and recordings, but all of the stations say "Title not available" and no program data/recordings are shown. I rebooted the TIVO twice, and then unplugged my internet and left unplugged for 2 hours, thinking that there was some systemwide problem. After plugging back in, I rebooted the TIVO yet again... guide/program data is still missing. Is it going to come back?

11. Aug 26, 2016 #11 of 1083
    markis

markis Member

Mar 1, 2005
    I noticed some blank items in my To Do List last night on my Roamio Plus on Comcast. I've done the Connect to Tivo Service and restarted several times since yesterday and still am missing titles in the To Do List. My software version says: 20.6.1aRC10.

Specifically, I have single live sports recordings set for the upcoming two weekends.

Dates:

8/27-28
    9/3-4

Channels:

FS1 HD
    NBCSN HD
    WMAQ DT (NBC)

In the To Do List, all of these sports events all have a blank/empty title and a random thumbnail for "Darling Buds of May". I cannot select them or go to the recording page. If I go out to the main guide grid, I do see the program titles and recording set indicator.

I also have many other non-sports recordings set (mostly One Passes), which seem to show up correctly with show titles in the To Do List.

I'm not sure if I should try deleting the blank To Do List items and reprogramming all the recordings (afraid I might not be able to record them at all once deleted).

Is there a way to fix these blank sports recordings in the To Do List or do I need to wait for a guide or software update from Tivo/Rovi? Or can I expect them to record as normally scheduled, even though they have blank titles in the To Do List?

12. Aug 26, 2016 #12 of 1083
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I just wish my Bolt would load the new data so I can get this out of the way. Better now than later.

13. Aug 26, 2016 #13 of 1083
    dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Yes, how long does the roll-out period last? After what date should I worry if I haven't got Rovi yet?

14. Aug 26, 2016 #14 of 1083
    PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I got the message yesterday and nothing happened all day or night. I rebooted this AM and it kicked in. Have you tried rebooting?

15. Aug 26, 2016 #15 of 1083
    BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Force a couple of service connections on the box.

16. Aug 26, 2016 #16 of 1083
    slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Let me guess, these are manually done recordings? You have to select each one (I did it from the guide) to update recording options, then just select record program again and the title will be updated.

All of my manually done recordings were borked after the guide data switch; 1P and ARWL recordings were fine. Note that I'm not talking about time-based recordings, just one-offs that you do from the guide.

17. Aug 26, 2016 #17 of 1083
    TiVoSupport_Sarah

Mar 30, 2015
    streich, we are currently investigating an issue with the WishList and OnePass not having the correct information to be able to record your new shows. To work around this you can setup the WishList to record new and repeats until the issue is resolved. Please also private message me your TiVo service number and I will be happy to add you to our investigation. Also, anyone else on this thread that is experiencing this issue can send me their TiVo service number as well and I would be happy to add you to the investigation as well.

18. Aug 26, 2016 #18 of 1083
    unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Shouldn't that be "...provide more accurate program information to..." some of "...our subscribers."?

19. Aug 26, 2016 #19 of 1083
    TiVoSupport_Sarah

Mar 30, 2015
    markis, we are sorry to hear that you are missing information with the download. Do you happen to know when you started getting the new guide? Because it is downloading from start, all of your information is expected to load on the TiVo box as normal.

20. Aug 26, 2016 #20 of 1083
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I haven't gotten a message yet.

I have the right version of software.