Tivo Premiere XL OTA Guide Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by skehl, Dec 9, 2011.

1. skehl

skehl New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Waco, TX
    I have recently moved outside the city limits where cable is not available. Since I can see the broadcast towers from my hillside home, I have gone over the air. My problem is with one of the TV stations. The Tivo Premiere shows the following
    6-1 is coming in on 6-3 and 9-3
    6-2 is coming in on 9-4
    6-3 is coming on 9-5

The guide data for 6-1 is on 6-1 with no picture
    6-2 is on 6-2 with no picture
    6-3 is on 6-3 with 6-1's picture

All of my HDTV's tune it in right. It is like the Tivo is not mapping the channels properly. Has anyone run into this problem?

I have submitted 3 tickets because Tivo keeps marking them as resolved without fixing the problem. It has been over a month. I am getting frustrating.
    I can't record NBC programing...

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Call up Tivo directly, maybe that will help.

Also, I forget, others mention that some of the online listings use the same data that Tivo uses.. Do those have correct lineups?

3. skehl

skehl New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Waco, TX
    I just got off with Tivo and I am on my 4th trouble ticket.

Other sources have the guide data correct. Tivo has the guide data correct. They are just not showing the pictures on the correct channels.

4. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    By "other sources" do you mean ZAP2it, which also uses Tribune Media Services data? And you told the TiVo you were using an over-the-air antenna, and you gave it your correct zip code?

You might still have problems if the station is sending out incorrect PSIP data. I don't think TiVo ever uses that for program information, but I think it's the PSIP data that tells a receiver what subchannels are available, etc. Some expert please speak up.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Contact the television station itself, and tell them they need to provide the information to Tribune Media Services so that it makes it to your TiVo.

The station has an interest in you being able to watch them, TMS doesn't really care all that much, and TiVo is at the mercy of TMS.