TiVo Premiere with lifetime is "expired"

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bstrohl, Jan 22, 2017.

1. bstrohl

bstrohl New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    NJ

Advertisements

We have always bought lifetime service with our TiVos. I went into my account info on TiVo.com and in the device list the one Premiere has "expired" in red text. The service is listed as lifetime. This TiVo is in Mom's bedroom and working.

I don't know when I last logged on to the web site so I do not know when this happened. Has anyone seen this? What does it mean?

2. weavb013

weavb013 New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I suspect that might be your extended warranty? Something similar to this which is what I have?

Family Room
    758-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    TiVo Premiere XL4
    expired: 03/29/2015

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    It can happen when a box is left disconnected for a long enough period of time. The last explanation I head from them was that boxes that hadn't phoned home after a long time were marked as presumed dead (not in circulation).. All you should need to do is call TivO and tell them it is an active box under lifetime. From then on your should only need to let the box connect about once a month to keep this from happening again. I have Lifetime S2 I keep alive this way.

4. Donarmand

Donarmand New Member

Jan 23, 2015
    I had transferred my lifetime to a bolt when they had the promotion. I haven't fired up the tivo premiere since. I have that same message on the tivo website. I am currently updating that premiere now to see if it will work. I could use another box in my cave. Fingers crossed