TiVo Premiere Play Button question & No "ba-doop" on FF

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RichO, Jan 4, 2012.

1. RichO

RichO Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Right after activating my new TiVo Premiere I discovered that when you go to the list of recorded programs and press the play button, instead of select and then select play, it always plays from the beginning even if you've already watched a portion of it.

This is going to be a hard habit to break. For 8 years, with my S2 I have always taken the one button shortcut to play a show and now it looks like I have to somehow try to break that habit which is not going to be easy.

Is there any option in settings to have the play button function like on the S2 where it plays from the paused point if you have paused it? I looked but couldn't find one.

Another thing I am noticing, and it's not really a big issue, is that when I fast forward, I don't always get the "ba-doop" sound. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Almost seems like a defect in the machine. Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. fchamber

fchamber New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    I'm having the same issue with the play button on my Premiere. They appear to have introduced this issue, at least for me, on a recent update. It worked as I expected (play button resumes from last viewed position) until a month or two ago, then changed to play button always starts from the beginning. Has anyone else seen this and/or found a workaround?