TiVo Premiere on Woot today (9/13)

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by RangerOne, Sep 13, 2011.

1. RangerOne

RangerOne The Hub

Dec 30, 2006
    Yep, $49.99 plus $5 shipping. It's a refurb. I bought mine there a few months ago and I've been happy with it. http://www.woot.com

2. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Can a Product Lifetime Service be purchased for this product? If so, can I get the $399 rate that I'm offered on the TiVo website under their "upgrade program" since I am a current subscriber?

3. Unix_Beard

Unix_Beard New Member

Dec 22, 2003
    My question too. Somehow, I doubt it.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Woot is a woot-off today, nothing sticks around for more than a few minutes.
    And yes, previous woot off Tivo's have been eligible for PLS

5. Unix_Beard

Unix_Beard New Member

Dec 22, 2003
  6. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I can see no guarantee that this deal qualifies for the $399 lifetime for existing TiVo subscribers. I think it will but that isn't worth much unless we can find written terms indicating it will.

7. RangerOne

RangerOne The Hub

Dec 30, 2006
    The refurb I bought from Woot a few months ago was eligible for the $399 lifetime. There are two ways to do it: The coupon code (PLSR) or if you are eligible for the multi-service discount.

8. akc

akc New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    This is a fully-guaranteed Tivo with a 1-year warranty. The multi-service discount applies and - I don't work for Tivo so I can't guarantee it! - the Lifetime upgrade does apply. It clearly states:
    Option 1 - $19.99 per month with 1 Year commitment (month-to-month thereafter) You may be eligible for the Multi-service discount. Please see tivo.com for details
    Option 2 - $499 Product Lifetime Service - You may be eligible for the Multi-service discount. Please see tivo.com for details.
    Optional TiVo Wireless Network Adapter (for connection to a wireless network) or TiVo Phone Line Adapter (for connecting via a phone line)

It is standard that if you buy new with a $499 lifetime and it states multiservice eligible, you will get the $399.

If you buy a Tivo that has a limited warranty (90 day, etc. where it does not state that the multiservice may apply, that's when you're out of luck.

I'm in for one - trying to decide whether I update my OTHER S2 with another. :)

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    ah! my bad, the OP just linked to woot.com.
    but in the past the woot Tivo's have been eligible for MSD lifetime discounts.

10. akc

akc New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    Tivo arrived from Woot without a problem - looked great until I went to activate it and set it up... when I discovered they had sent the wrong power cord with the unit. Grrrrr...

Tech support sending me the right cord. Good thing I was doing my own install of the M-card or I would have had to resched the Comcast rep.

Still - not helpful.