TiVo Premiere not visible in TiVo Transfer for Popcorn

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by kitester, Feb 14, 2011.

1. kitester

kitester New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Carolina

Advertisements

I would like help on getting my TiVo Premiere to show up in TiVo Transfer for Popcorn.

I have a Series 2 and a Premiere. They both have TiVo "N" adapters, are both on my wireless network, and both connect to the TiVo servers for updates. However, in TiVo Transfer for Popcorn version 2.0, I only see the Series 2 in the TiVo DVRs section, not the Premiere.

I've rebooted both TiVos at the same time. I've turned off and back on "Allow Transfers" on the TiVo website, waiting over two hours after turning them off and forcing the TiVos to reconnect each time. I've even upgraded from Popcorn 3 to Popcorn 4. I've done all that TiVo tech support can suggest.

I have an iMac and an Airport Extreme router that I purchased last week. I have Time Warner cable service. Everything else is working well.

Thank you for your help!

2. MrSkippy53

MrSkippy53 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Have you tried using the TiVo desktop for Mac just to rule out networking issues?

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Did you log into your account on TiVo's website and enable TiVoToGo for the premiere? It's normally enabled by default, but I've seen cases where it's not.

You might also want to simply pull the plug on the TiVo and allow it to reboot.

Dan

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    It can take about 24 hrs to be active after you checked on TRANSFERS.

5. kitester

kitester New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Carolina

Advertisements

Yes, I am running TiVo Desktop for Mac version 1.95a.

I have also rebooted the Premiere, with no results.

6. kitester

kitester New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Carolina
    On the TiVo website I have selected for both TiVos "Allow Transfers" and "Enable Video Downloads." I waited more than 2 hours before forcing the TiVos to connect. The Series 2 sees that transfers are allowed and all is fine. The Premiere still does not.

As for waiting 24 hours, I am at a loss at to why the Series 2 would need more time than the Premiere to recognize the settings to allow Tivo to Go.

Any more ideas?

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I believe that the S2 units have the ability to use the old UDP discovery protocol while the Premiere units exclusively use Bonjour. So it's possible this could be a Bonjour issue. I don't know if you use any sort of antivirus or firewall software but if you do you may want to try disabling it to see if maybe it's blocking the ports required by Bonjour.

Dan

8. dmband

dmband Member

Jan 15, 2007
    i can see my tivo hd but NOT my tivo premiere in tivo transfer (toast 10)
    both are "allowing transfer"
    is there a way to see both at once?

also i can NOT get mac2tivo to show up on either of my tivos

9. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Dunno where you got that, but it's not true. Premieres still put out and respond to the old-style beacons, as well as the new.

10. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I was obviously misinformed. Thanks for posting the correct info.

Dan