Tivo Premiere Not compatable with Optimum West

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by kk7cu, Aug 5, 2011.

1. kk7cu

kk7cu New Member

Jun 9, 2011

Advertisements

Starting in June I tried to add a Tivo Premiere in addition to my 8 year old Series 2. After 5 tech visits, 8 cable cards, and 2 Tivo Premiers the Premiere got sent back to Tivo. The techs were also telling me about other people on their system that had more that 20 cable cards tried with no success. They say that no Series 4 Tivos have ever worked on Optimum West (Formerly Bresnan). I purchased a Tivo HD (series 3) off Ebay, and the first cable card tried worked perfectly the first time. Anyone else had similar problems with a Tivo Premier on their network?

2. bcronin

bcronin Member

Dec 28, 2001
    The...
    You're using M-cards, yes? Silly question but I had to ask ...
    --
    bc

3. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Did they use a tuning adaptor? Here in NY the tuning adaptors don't work well with the series 4. They work better with the series 3.

4. kk7cu

kk7cu New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    They are Motorola M cards, and I have two Tivo HDs working with them now. There is no tuning adapter on Optimum West. The cards just refuse to authorize on the Tivo Premiere.

Auth = MP

5. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005

Advertisements

File a complaint with the FCC. That is likely the only way they will get around to fixing it.

6. ShellKing

ShellKing New Member

Feb 3, 2008
    Has this been resolved? I have Optimum as my cable company and was thinking of buying a Tivo Premiere to use with an M card. I currently have an HD Tivo with a cable card and it works fine.