TiVo Premiere: Network connection/loading taking long time?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by peanutty, Mar 21, 2011.

1. peanutty

peanutty New Member

Mar 18, 2011

Advertisements

Hello,

I hooked up my new TiVo Premiere through a wired Ethernet, and when I tried connecting, it took a REALLY REALLY long time. The first "Preparing..." stage must've taken at least 10-15 minutes, and when it finally got down to the last "Loading Info..." part, it loaded the data around 1% at a time per every 10 seconds or so. The whole process probably took about an hour or 2. Is this normal?

As a side note: I originally connected the Premiere using the wireless N-adapter, and the loading time was, not surprisingly, even slower. But the thing is, I was able to load all the info -- so if I'm connecting/loading AGAIN using the wired Ethernet, shouldn't the stages have been completed even more quickly (since the info was supposedly already loaded the first time)?

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    That's pretty much normal. Usually the connection will occur unnoticed (unless you manually force it). Successive connections should be briefer, but still the preparation and loading times will run several minutes each (notable the actual connection time is quite brief).

Welcome aboard

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Yep, normal. First 23-48 hours may also be a bit slower as it receives the first schedules and updates.

4. peanutty

peanutty New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks to you both! I was afraid I had gotten a defective box. :)