Tivo Premiere / Netflix Locking Up

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Shelly77, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Shelly77

Shelly77 New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Beyond frustrated here, currently have Tivo Premiere (hardwired) and anytime we try to watch anything recorded on Netflix it just goes to a black screen and are forced to reboot. Yesterday, Netflix would work once after a reboot only then to fail again (black screen). Called Tivo and they said it was probably a bad HDMI cable. Verified this morning that the HDMI cable is fine. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    Sorry, no suggestions here but this keeps happening to me as well. I'm in the middle of a movie and first it will stop and then it will change quality (from HD to SD), next thing it won't let me pause and then locks up so that I can't do anything with it except reboot. I've watched my last streaming movie with Netflix last night because Netflix just raised the rates so that streaming is now not included. I just deactivated all of my devices and am now on the blu-ray 1 out at a time unlimited plan. Thank God I will no longer have to worry about these TiVo/Netflix lock ups. By the way, last night after it locked up, I switched to my Panasonic blu-ray player which also has Netflix streaming built-in and I had no lock up issues at all. In fact, the video looked much better than it did with TiVo.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I watched two shows last night form Netflix on a Premiere. It worked perfectly and picture quality was superb after running it through my Algolith Flea. although only stereo audio instead of the 5.1 that is available on my ROKU2(the audio channels were mixed up from the 5.1 track on one of the shows I watched, so I used one of my Premieres instead to watch them)

4. jjd416

jjd416 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It would appear that the "Black Screen" is the latest bug in software version 14.8c. This issue has been posted several times with many complaining since 14.8c came out, me included!!!

5. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Yep happened to me too. Guess it's related to the latest firmware. Only using GoogleTV for Netflix now hoping to avoid any further black screen lockups.