1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Premiere & multiple monitors (HDMI splitters Again)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by double_d, Dec 6, 2018.

1. double_d

double_d Serious Geek

Jul 30, 2006
    I run a Premier in my home theater, into an Onkyo 7.2 receiver with HDMI switching sending the signal out to a 1X4 HDMI splitter (have used two different ones from Monoprice (fairly generic ones). the main TV (65" Samsung - 15' from switcher HDMI) and the Bar TV (37" Samsung - 35' from switcher HDMI) work great, another tv that I opted to run two CAT6 cables and do HDMI over ethernet to works if I plug a laptop or BluRay into the HDMI extender directly, but no joy when I plug the Tivo in directly (not through receiver or switcher) and it obviously doesn't work when running through the whole system. To run a 75' HDMI would be a task, but I'm willing to do it I guess, any thoughts on a better way?

2. double_d

double_d Serious Geek

Jul 30, 2006
    I should also say that I had a Samsung 22" in the alternate location and it was only 720P capable so last night I replaced it with a 1080 capable TV and still no change. I had a Samsung built into the wall but they don't make a less than 32" with 1080 so I went with a different brand (Vizio)

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    I installed a few of the Monoprice Splitters and every one of them failed eventually.

I started using a higher quality, and more expensive, splitter and haven't had any trouble with them.

The same with HDMI extenders. Now, I only use HD-BaseT extenders. They're rock solid. And more expensive...

-KP