Tivo Premiere+HDMI issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kbake, May 23, 2011.

1. kbake

kbake New Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Santa Fe, TX
    Ok...after getting the Premiere in February and dealing with little to no signal on my digital and hd channels we finally got the problem fixed by Comcast running RG11 cable. This worked wonders but now we have a new problem.

3 times in the last 3 weeks I've turned on our Sony Bravia and have a black screen with a message saying there is no signal on that HDMI port. One time the signal went out while I watching TV. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging back in does not work. Switching to a different port does not help. Switching cables does not help. The only way to get the signal back is to reboot the Tivo. Since the signal from Comcast is not the problem, this makes me think this is a Tivo issue and not the HDMI cable or TV.

Anyone else having this problem?

2. DPJohnson

DPJohnson New Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Council...
    I just got a message a short time ago saying that the HDMI cable and receiver are not compatible and that I had to start using component cable instead. But then I accidentally turned off my TV and when I turned it on again, it was back to normal--my HDMI transmission allowed the channels through again. Can someone explain this please?

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    kbake,

Try a different HDMI cable just to rule that out. TIVo's sometimes have problems with HDMI. Try using component connections to see if the problems cease.