TiVo Premiere Guide Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Larsenv, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Larsenv

Larsenv Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Texas

Advertisements

So I have an annoying problem with my TiVo Premiere - I receive cable in my dorm, but I've been having this problem for a couple months where the TiVo's not getting guide data for about 2 dozen channels (out of the >100 channels I receive). Other channels receive guide data fine.

These mostly consist of HD versions of local channels, most of the others affected are just Viacom's channels (Nick, etc.)

I've received nothing but BS when trying to get help.
    • I set up an antenna just for guide data and took that down when I couldn't receive good reception (my roommate just said to use Netflix instead of all this, which pissed me off. dumb suggestion.)
    • TiVo Live Chat originally said to contact my cable company. I can't do that, I have no control of the cable service here. (I don't need a CableCARD to receive cable channels).
    • A friend with experience with TiVos said to literally hack into the TiVo and change some XML file to remap the channels. There is zero information about this on the Internet or this forum, but he gave me the TiVo Hacks book that is focused on the Series 1 and early Series 2. I highly doubt the tricks in that work with the Premiere, but he keeps insisting on it. The book is probably from like 2003. Does he not know what he's talking about?
    Finally, I set up a lineup issue request to Tivo Customer Support Community

After a month with some emails going back and forth, they sent us one yesterday saying they fixed the problem. That did not fix the guide data problem, I just got some message on my TiVo saying that some channels were deleted. I connected to the TiVo service, restarted it, and repeated Guided Setup. Still no guide data.

I am pretty miffed. I might not be in this dorm next semester, but I find this problem annoying because I am mostly watching local HD channels.

Please help me.

Thanks.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    unfortunately, your following the right procedure - you need to email them back and let them know it's not fixed...or, call...or, both...every day...

3. Larsenv

Larsenv Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Texas
    Thanks. I emailed yesterday, they apparently reopened the case.

Kind of worried about how long it'll take to fix, if it takes too long. If I'm not coming back to this college next semester (which is looking likely that I won't come back), then what's the point...