Tivo Premiere For Sale

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by snfsma, Sep 9, 2011.

1. snfsma

snfsma New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I switched to DirecTv and so I have a Tivo Premiere for sale. It's not quite a year old and I bought it right before the whole changeover to the new pricing structure, so it doesn't require a monthly sub of $19.99. I have service paid on the box until February 2012 which I guess someone could use?
    I have no idea what to price it so if you're interested, make me an offer. I really don't want to fleabay it if I don't have to.

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    How much did you pay for it originally?

(trying to get an idea how much of a haircut you might be willing to take and not aggravate you with what seems to you to be an insultingly low offer)

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I don't believe the subscription is transferable unless it's lifetime.

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    It's not transferrable, I don't think, but if you can stand to not have it on your home network with the same Media Access Key as the rest of your TiVos and computers running TiVo Desktop until after February, 2012, you just make it look to the TiVo servers as if the original owner moved to your address and re-ran guided setup.

Then, when the pre-paid runs out, you can "officially" transfer ownership and change the MAK to your own, and, at that point, copy off any recordings without the no copy bit set to a computer or TiVo on your network, or copy from your network to the now "officially" yours Premiere.

5. iceturkee

iceturkee Member

May 26, 2005
    or you buy it from someone who is kind enough to pay for service untilhe year is up and then transfers the unit to the new owner. i've had that happen.

6. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    ?

7. snfsma

snfsma New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm in PA

8. snfsma

snfsma New Member

Dec 28, 2007