Advertisements success! once the TA was installed and authorized, it took about 15 minutes for the TA to update and get the solid green light. Channels were not working immediately, so i left the TA on and pulled the plug on the tivo to force the cablecard to reload the channels. When the tivo reboots, it will negotiate with the TA and then download the channel-map to the cablecard over usb from the TA. The reboot took a bit longer than normal and I got the Acquiring Channel Info screen for a couple of minutes. While I was waiting I verified that everything looked as expected in tuner diag. and then like "magic" all of the sdv channels worked. The bad news is i've learned waaaay more about sdv and cablecards and udcp devices and docsis set-top gateways and cablevision in general than i ever wanted to know. The good news is I have a field tech supervisor calling me this week so i will try to impart some wisdom about how all this works with him.