TIVO Premiere and MyBook World Edition

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by TracySMiller, Dec 30, 2011.

1. TracySMiller

TracySMiller New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Greetings fellow TIVO folks. After not having TIVO for a year, due to some experiments involving cord-cutting using Boxee Box, PC solutions, etc., I am coming back into the TIVO fold because of poor WAF of cord-cutting solutions. I bought a TIVO Premiere with capacity upgraded to 317 HD hours. I have a MyBook World Edition II acting as my NAS, with all my movies, TV shows, music, photos, etc. My question is how best to get them from the NAS to the TIVO. The NAS is currently wired via ethernet to my router, as is my TIVO.

In the past, when I owned a TIVO Series 3, I used a Windows Home Server, and used pyTIVO to great effect for all this. I have since trashed the WHS in favor of the simpler, and cheaper NAS solution I mentioned above.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Which NAS? The cleanest solution is to add pyTivo to the NAS, and perhaps (preferably, if you ask me) HME for Python and vidmgr. This may require hacking the NAS. How difficult that may prove to be depends on the NAS.

3. TracySMiller

TracySMiller New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    I would love to use pyTivo again, but will it work with the MyBook World Edition II? Would I still need to install Python on it in order for it to work?

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Sorry, I missed that the NAS was MyBook World Edition II the first time around. Yes, Python would have to be added, if it is not already installed. It looks like the NAS is Linux based, so it may already be installed.

5. TracySMiller

TracySMiller New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    OK, got it all working. I just installed Python and pyTIVO on my Windows 7 machine and pointed pyTIVO to my NAS device. Getting the path to the NAS set up using its UNC path was the key.