Tivo Premiere And Cisco Digital Adapter STA1520 Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by harleyreb, May 24, 2019.

1. harleyreb

harleyreb New Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I have a Tivo Model TCD746320 Premiere Series 4, along with a Scientific Atlanta M-Stream Card and Cisco STA-1520 Digital Adapter. The last two items I got from Spectrum. Once installed I called Spectrum to activate the Card and DA.

The channel package I have with Spectrum includes HBC, Starz, and Cinemax. With the current setup, I get all the normal channels in the package, but only the first channel of each premium. For instance, HBO, I get channel 511, but not 512, etc. Same for Starz and Cinemax.

I have had the Spectrum service guy out twice, each to no avail. They checked signal levels, added an amplifier, but neither one had any idea what to do. Even calling various supervisors for help.

The last service rep finally told me that one of his supervisors said that this Digital Adapter was not meant to receive the extra premium channels........Huh?

I bought this Premiere used. The hard drive had a few errors on it, so I installed a new drive following all the steps listed in a previous thread here. Regardless of which hard drive was used, however, I still never received the other premium channels.

So I need help from the community. How do I check to make sure the correct channel map is loaded?
    Or if the DA is functioning correctly?

Looking at the SDV Diagnostic screen for the Cisco Digital Adapter, the Status field says "Pending". Meaning the set-top is trying to establish communications with the SDV server.

Any help would be appreciated where to go from here. Thanks!

2. LoveGardenia

LoveGardenia Member

Apr 24, 2015
    You need to call Spectrum Cable Card Helpline... Calling this number will/maybe get you Spectrum help desk, ask for Cable Card Support they will/should transfer your call.... 1-866-532-2598... Cable Card Support should be the first call you make, they will walk you step by step setting up the CC & TA (tuning adapter). Most of the time the regular helpdesk don't know anything about CC's & TA's and they always want to send out a truck or play the blame game.

Teeps likes this.
  3. powrcow

powrcow Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Patience and persistence is really the only way to fix an incorrectly set up CC & TA. I have Cox and only had to deal with this twice, but each time the problem was on data entry on their end. Have them double-check their information, stay on the line with them, and it will eventually work.

And it's the same for me too - the first of the premium channels is not on SDV, but the others are.

4. pendletonmike

pendletonmike New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I have the same problem. I have a TiVo premier and a Cisco tuning adapter. I only get the first HBO and none of the other ones. I have Spectrum. I’ve had two techs come out and have no experience with TiVo and cable cards. I finally got a hold of someone who knows about cable cards and TiVo’s. But still haven’t resolved the problem. They are sending out a guy today supposedly who has knowledge of cable cards and tuning adapters. Also in the Tivo settings, going to the cable card/ tuning adapter menu, the TiVo says no tuning adapter connected. I will update later hopefully with some good news.

5. pendletonmike

pendletonmike New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The tech came today and swapped out my tuning adapter. Tried 3 more of them. Rebooted the TiVo. No luck. Still only 1 HBO. So this evening I searched in the forums again and found an old thread from May 2015 and tried their solution. And it worked for me. I got all my HBOs now and it also looks like my MSG is coming in in hi-def now.
    Tuning Adapter not recognized

6. harleyreb

harleyreb New Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I replaced my old TA with a new TA today and called Cable Card Support to activate it. Still not working on the higher premium channels. Tried the reboot process of the TA referenced in the last post, and still no luck. So giving up. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.