TIVO Possible BETA??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by flempitsky, Jan 13, 2006.

1. flempitsky

flempitsky New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Southeastern...
    Does anyone know if TIVO is going to have a BETA for the new HDTV with Cable card and Antenna? I have had TIVO for years and love it I did BETA testing for the Home Media Option stuff. I recently Got an HDTV and have HD Cable. I live between Boston and Providence. I get 30 HD Over The air channels. I get all the major networks in Boston and Providence also a Spanish HD Channel. Are they going to offer a Beta Program? When is it slated for release I saw Q2 is that accurate? :)

2. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Evidently there is a revised Beta info page up at the TiVo website so it seems likely. I think you will have to be a current cable sub to participate though.

3. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    That's the problem I have. I'm going to get cable when the series 3 is available. Though TiVopony didn't rule out D* switchers beta testing when I brought that up. (At the SF dinner this week.)

4. bakerfall

bakerfall Member

Dec 5, 2004
    I have DirecTV with a HR10-250 and Digital Cable. I applied to be a beta tester, I plan on getting one and either switching or keeping both. We'll see, but it would be great to try one out.

5. nelsonrl

nelsonrl New Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Tyler, TX
    Where do you apply as a beta tester?

Never mind - I found it.