1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo "Policy Update" message stuck on screen.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tiger62, May 17, 2018.

1. Tiger62

Tiger62 Member

Mar 27, 2018
    I have a new Bolt and was in the process of pairing the remote when the TIVO "Policy Update" MESSAGE popped up and the remote would not clear the message. The remote has NO effect! I did a power-off reboot and it comes back to the same screen. HELP

2. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    My interface is probably different from yours, but I might suggest navigating to the messages area and reading the message (again). On my system, I had an icon for an unread message even after dismissing the pop-up. Going to the messages folder and rereading the same message finally marked it as read, and that dismissed the icon.

(sorry if i misunderstood. I have no idea how to navigate anything if the remote won't work!)

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    If you're pairing it via RF and the message popped up, temporarily reset the remote to use IR only as a remote code 0 remote, that will fix it without having to pair.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    On five different TiVo boxes that received the message, each had "Hit Clear to delete". Each would mark it read when you hit the TiVo button.

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Right, OP is saying they were in the middle of pairing the remote and can't complete the task since the popup message got in the way, that's why I suggested IR to get past it.

JoeKustra likes this.