Tivo playing from media player (Wizd, Linkplayer)?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by wallyyoung, Oct 12, 2007.

1. wallyyoung

wallyyoung New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Is it possible to get a Tivo Series 2 to connect to and play content (movies) from a media player like Wizd or IO-Data's Linkplayer? I have a Linkplayer2 and Tivo S2 and love getting all my movies and music stored in one place. I'd love it even more if I could play my movies stored on my Linkplayer storage (computer) to also play on my Tivo. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    A TiVo cannot directly playback content from a NAS in most circumstances (unless you can run java and galleon). You need a PC to serve media form them.

Network media clients generally won't play content directly from a Tivo, a PC is needed as an intermediary.

The only thing near would by a hacked Xbox-1 and TiVo.

3. wallyyoung

wallyyoung New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Nevermind I found a couple solutions here in the forums after searching further. Thanks!

4. mattdon

mattdon New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Hi,

I also have a LinkPlayer2. I just bought the Tivo HD. Did you find a way to access your movie library (stored on PC) from your Tivo? I read about Web Video Transfers, but it sounds like it has to copy the movie to the Tivo. Not sure how practical that is compared with some sort of solution that "serves" the movies up from hard drive on which they're stored (like the Linkplayer2 does).

Matt