Tivo P4XL reverted back to Tivo UI from 10+ years ago?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tivoboy, Aug 15, 2020.

1. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO

Advertisements

I have been using a P4XL as a secondary to access through my Bolt for many years now. I can access it from app and through the BOLT and Mini UI no problem. today, I tried to access it directly through the TV and noticed it was back on a tivo UI from easily 10 years ago. how could that have happened? Is that some software reversion? Is there some setting to take it back up to the just before Hydra UI?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    It is from many years ago. Premiere cannot use Hydra, but it is up to date.

3. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    No, it was never on Hydra but has been always on the UI from just BEFORE hyrdra. Now it's on a UI that I haven't seen since the H10-250 days.

4. yesno

yesno Active Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Arizona
  5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

SD and HD menus.

6. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    Thanks both of you.. I'll check that path. Yeah, it's definitely the SD vs. HD menus things, wonder why it would switch back.

this is really the issue I'm having

7. Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Mine did that recently too. Had to go to tivo.com, device preferences, and enable video downloads. Then I could switch back to the HD menus.

sansom likes this.
  8. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    The apps are painfully slow. I leave mine on the SD menus.

9. sansom

sansom New Member

Mar 13, 2010
    That is not correct. I just posted the same problem in a newer thread. BOTH of those menu items are gone. There is no way to change to the HD menu in your suggested answer post.

Attached Files:

10. sansom

sansom New Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Holy cow I think this solved my problem. Last night on the Tivo.com site I saw on the 'Privacy Status' that I was 'opted in'. I clicked to 'opt out'. Apparently that turned off 'enable video downloads'. I would never have made that connection myself. Thank you for your answer. And FINE, I will 'opt in'.

Attached Files:

11. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    Yeah, it seem one has to go back to OPT IN for targeted advertising, in order to be able to re-enable HD menus. I haven't done it yet, but that seems like what one has to do. Could be somehow a new universal setting since new devices have much more targeted adversiting running, while on pause, etc.. I sort of hate that I have to re-opt in in order to get the machine functionality back

12. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I run my premiere on the SD interface. The streaming apps are painfully slow anyway. It's faster to switch to another streaming device than to wait for the apps to load on a premiere.