1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo only outputting 480p on 1080i display. Please Help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Row_RDR, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Row_RDR

Row_RDR New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    All of the resolution options (1080p, 1080i, 720p, etc) are greyed out and tagged "not supported" except the 480p option. New Samsung HD TV. I've tried swapping hdmi cable, it's not that. Anyone know what's happening here and how to fix? Thanks!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    What does it show for "recommended"? Right side:
    video_res.JPG

3. Row_RDR

Row_RDR New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    "auto" is recommended, 480p is preferred. All other resolution options are not checkable.

4. Row_RDR

Row_RDR New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    NO-HD-OPTION.jpg

5. Row_RDR

Row_RDR New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Here is the screen of what my options are. Again, I tried a different HDMI cable, rebooted Tivo box. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss here. NO-HD-OPTION.jpg

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Bad TV or TV's HDMI port. I assume this was ok on your previous TV?

7. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    I suspect the answer is in your Samsung TV settings and getting a 4k rated HDMI cable. Have you tried all the HDMI ports on the TV?

8. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    I have a Samsung 4K tv. On mine all HDMI inputs are the same and I have no problem with TIVO and 1080 resolution. However..... I have not tried it but there is a color control setting for each HDMI input for connection of 4K sources. If that is turned on for the HDMI input you are trying you could try turning that off. It shouldn't be on anyway unless you have a 4K source connected to that HDMI. This is just a guess, something to look at and try...
    I assume you are directly connected from the Tivo to the TV....

EDIT - re reading the post - did the OP mean it that the new TV is only HD and not 4K? If so my suggestion of course is not applicable.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018