Tivo online

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by showpony, Aug 1, 2015.

1. showpony

showpony Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Michigan

Advertisements

Is anyone else having a problem accessing their online.tivo.com? Mine asks me to login but it just gets to this page http://online.tivo.com/logout_success#myshows and hangs up there. Any ideas on how to fix it if it is just me? Any help would be appreciated.

2. thefisch

thefisch Member

Jul 25, 2015
    same problem here. Noticed it about 7:30pm EST. Still down AFAIK.

Have you tried the tivo app? That did not work for me either - said could not connect to my dvr.

3. showpony

showpony Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Michigan
    Tivo app works for me on my home network as well as on a different network and 4G. Can't figure out why this started.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I noticed the same thing - wonder if it is bad links? "logout_success" doesn't sound right and is near the end of every log in link I could find. Almost looks like someone intentionally messed up the links.

5. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

Advertisements

there's a discussion in the original tivo online thread with a way to report the issue:

6. showpony

showpony Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Michigan
  7. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    The problem I am seeing now doesn't have anything to do with my account. Tried accessing the site on a different computer and browser that have never accessed the site before and can not get a log in screen. The site has no idea who I am, as I have never been able to put login information in, so I don't see how they can fix this problem via my TiVo account.

8. StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    I was on the verge of ordering a TiVo Stream yesterday when my Slingbox 500 was identified as the cause of HDMI issues involving my Roamio. I figured I'd use the Slingbox 500 exclusively for DirecTV and get a stream to use online.tivo.com. Fortunately their extensive incompetence saved me $129.

I do not want anything designed to stream data across my LAN that depends on a TiVo website working properly. They have one of the most frequently broken sites I use. The problem now is because logging in to their wonderful new online service depends on a Java applet, based on the site producing error messages from Tomcat. Hello, it's 2015, let's use Java?

Broken features on a TiVo website tend to stay broken a long time.

If they ever get a competent IT department I might reconsider.