Tivo Online won't start streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Bill Finkelstein, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Apr 7, 2021 #1 of 19
    Bill Finkelstein

Bill Finkelstein New Member

Sep 17, 2018

Advertisements

After working for a number of years, my TIVO Bolt DVR stopped streaming to my Windows 10 PCs a few days ago. I've rebooted the TIVO, did a service connection, cleared browser cache, logged off and back on, and still it won't stream.

I tried with Chrome and Firefox. Both yield the exact same symptoms: My Content and Guide appear normal, but when I try to start either live content or a DVRed program the window just hangs with the circular "working" indicator going round and round.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Bill

2. Apr 7, 2021 #2 of 19
    lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    I called TiVo support and after finally convincing them that it's on their end because I tried 3 different browsers; they said they'll look into it. I have no idea when/if it will be fixed.

3. Apr 8, 2021 #3 of 19
    sideshot

sideshot Member

May 9, 2008
    same here i haven't called yet

4. Apr 8, 2021 #4 of 19
    Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Same here on the Bolt. However, the Premiere works through the Stream.

5. Apr 8, 2021 #5 of 19
    Tag

Tag New Member

Jun 11, 2020

Advertisements

Same issue with a Bolt. I see the indicator as if it's trying to buffer and start the stream, but nothing happens.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken
    • Tried multiple web browsers on multiple laptops.
    • Rebooted TiVo.
    • Ran updates twice, rebooted TiVo.
    • Unplugged Tivo, waiting 5m before plugging it back in.
    • Attempted to stream via iOS device, this worked.

Conclusion
    There's an issue streaming on computers, but not mobile devices. I've opened a ticket with TiVo on this. Everyone having this issue should do the same so it gains some traction.

6. Apr 9, 2021 #6 of 19
    pacamike

pacamike New Member

May 28, 2007
    Same here. Stopped working Tuesday evening. I use it every day, and it worked earlier.
    I did all the usual things and did them all again while chatting with support. They created a ticket.

If it starts working again, someone should post in case we need to do it all one more time.

7. Apr 9, 2021 #7 of 19
    Smurl

Smurl New Member

Apr 9, 2021
    TiVo online quit working for me several days ago as well. I did all the troubleshooting things everyone has mentioned in their messages but my recorded shows won't play on my computer. I even took my computer in to see if there were any compatibility issues. My computer is fine but TiVo is NOT working. I'm so tired of all the issues with TiVo. After having a TiVo DVR for 20+ years, I'm thinking of changing to the Xfinity's DVR.

8. Apr 9, 2021 #8 of 19
    BarbaraF

BarbaraF New Member

Apr 9, 2021
    I am having the same issue but can you tell me how to open a ticket?

9. Apr 9, 2021 #9 of 19
    Tag

Tag New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Contact TiVo Support

10. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Member

Jun 16, 2004
    ft...
    That has happened to me before and I discovered ad blockers were stopping the stream from happening. Security site settings as well.

11. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    I heard that the Roamio stream is working though so why would that TiVo work and the Bolt doesn't.

12. tmerc65

tmerc65 New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    MA
    Same, worked last week, not today. Opened my ticket.

13. Jon Cowgill

Jon Cowgill New Member

Apr 10, 2021
    Having the same problem with my Bolt and have tried all the suggestions above with no luck.

14. Smurl

Smurl New Member

Apr 9, 2021
    Spoke with a TiVo rep who said they are aware of the situation and are working on a resolution. It is an issue on their end.

twdix and lujan like this.
  15. rp2545

rp2545 New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Same issue here. Android apps work fine on same network and out of home network.

16. Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    It seems to be working now.

17. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Just tested it, and works for me too, from both my Roamio Plus and Bolt.

18. Tag

Tag New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Confirmed it's working for me as well. Thanks to everyone who put in a ticket.

19. pacamike

pacamike New Member

May 28, 2007
    It started working again without me having to do anything. It's sad that they didn't notice it immediately and that it took a week for them to fix it. Modern technology.