TiVo Online Site & Google Chrome Not Working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JOSHSKORN, Sep 23, 2019.

1. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015

Advertisements

I cannot get the TiVo Online site to work with my Google Chrome. When accessing the site, the circle just spins around. It barely works on Firefox. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

EDIT: Problem solved. Disabled uBlock Origin, which is an ad-blocker.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Try another browser.

3. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    I'm asking for a fix, not a workaround. I clearly stated that Firefox works, but I prefer Chrome.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I prefer Chrome too but it doesn’t work.

5. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002

Advertisements

In Chrome, if I right click on the lock icon (or what should be the lock icon, "not secure") in the status bar and allow Adobe Flash, login & reload. I can get logged in and watch content through Tivo Online

6. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    Huh..MacOS 10.14.6 and Chrome 77.0.3865.90. Logging in, locating a show saved on my TiVo and streaming all work without Flash enabled (was set to the default of 'Ask', but I even changed it to 'Block' and reloaded and still had no trouble with logout, log back in and stream). Local network, not remote.

7. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Now I get can logged in and stream without allowing flash. Had the BSC on login for the last week. Perhaps something else changed.

8. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Ad blockers screw up login for me on chrome. I added the extension to toggle all extensions on and off so I can quickly turn off everything when accessing a site that hates me.

hummingbird_206 and JOSHSKORN like this.
  9. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Thanks. I'll try that when I get home and report back. Allowing Flash did nothing. I even tried it on a computer at work, same OS/Browser and had no issues.

10. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    @tomhorsley Thanks for the suggestion. I disabled uBlock Origin for this site and it worked.

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  11. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Thank you @tomhorsley and @JOSHSKORN for posting the fix. I've been having trouble with TiVo Online and kept giving up. Finally decided this morning to dig into it and try to find a solution. This was the first post that showed up on my search here and it solves my problem. Yay!

12. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Glad you got it working. This is why I love forums in general, we're always helping each other out. Have a nice day.

hummingbird_206 likes this.