TiVo online not working for over two months....

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tag, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Tag

Tag New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    I have a TiVo Bolt which I have been using TiVo online on a PC with for a few years now. About two months ago there was an update made to TiVo online and ever since then I cannot watch live TV on my PC. When I select a channel it plays for a second or two and then hangs as if it's buffering and will stay like that, even if you wait minutes, hours. If I watch a recording however it plays fine.

Troubleshooting steps taken
    * Tried multiple browsers, Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge, but they all experience the same issue.
    * Cleared all cookies, history, etc. from browsers, logged back into TiVo online. Still experience the same issue.
    * Reboot TiVo, works for a while, but then starts having the same issue again.
    * Run TiVo update twice, reboot, still experience the same issue.
    * Pinging TiVo connected via Wi-Fi. Latency is horrible, response times are random and can take a few ms, 100's of ms and sometimes over 1k ms.
    * Pinging TiVo connected to Ethernet. Surprisingly the latency is just as awful as Wi-Fi, literally no difference.
    * Tried viewing TiVo online while connected via Ethernet, same issue as before.
    * Tried viewing TiVo online from three different laptops and one desktop, all experience the same issue.

I've had ticket open with TiVo on this for nearly two months now, but there has been no movement on it. Called a few weeks back, the rep acknowledged the issue and said they are working on it. Basically the only way I'm able to watch live TV now is to login to websites via my cable account, but this is a huge PIA and circumvents the TiVo entirely.

Anyone else have this issue and more importantly have a fix or other troubleshooting ideas to try?

Thanks,
    Tag

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I had no problems watching "live" TV with Chrome. Tested for 30 minutes. Used Basic Roamio and external Stream.

BTW, thanks. I didn't know Online could do this. :)

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I'd suspect it's a local network issue.

If I were in charge of repairing it, I'd start to trying to eliminate things that might could cause the problem.

Different network switch.
    Hard Reset Modem.
    Etc...

-KP

4. Tag

Tag New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    That's what TiVo support said too, until that was ruled out by connecting the TiVo directly to a switch port via Ethernet. I can ping everything else on my network and they all have low latency (1-5ms), but the TiVo whether it be on Wi-Fi or directly connected to the switch via Ethernet has very high latency.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Tag