TiVo online> my shows > sort by name

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Furmaniac, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    TiVo online> my shows > sort by name

I went on TiVo Online for the first time. I pressed My Shows and I saw all of my programs and wishlists listed by date. I like to see them listed by name so I found a sort option in the upper right corner of the screen which says "sort by date or name". I pressed sort by name and it worked fine.
    The problem is, after I review a program or wishlist and go back to the My Shows screen, it defaults back to sort by date! Is there a way to make sort by name a default or to keep it set during a session?

2. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    I don't believe there is. I'm so happy we can use Tivo Online via computer now away from home I don't even care about some settings not being there or not being default!

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I've never had any issues connecting to TiVo Online away from home (well except when everyone was having issues) but I still can't stream away from home through TiVo Online although at least one person has reported this is working for them (just tried again).

Scott

4. tampa8

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    It's been a long time since anyone could stream on a computer away from home. It just very recently became available again. I'm not talking about using a mobile device.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    This seems to be in very limited release since I don't think it's the case for most users here and I don't think there's been any general news from TiVo that this feature is available. As I said, this still doesn't work for me.

Scott

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. samccfl99

samccfl99 I Am Sometimes Vocal

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    As usual, Tivo, Inc is deficient in their programming abilities to provide Common Sense OPTIONS...Maybe GROUPS should also be an option too...:rolleyes:

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  8. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    It's official (although I agree, they've made no noise about it). David Shoop has confirmed in the TiVo.Innovate facebook group. I asked him permission to share and he's ok with me sharing his quote from facebook here, as I believe people who aren't group members won't be able to see the post otherwise:

*Source Link

If it's not working for you, there's a number of things that can cause it to fail...we could try troubleshooting some if you want to start a seperate thread.

9. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    When a few people reported this capability earlier this month or last, I tried it out using a local library PC, and it wouldn't work for me; a couple weeks ago.

I note that David Shoop states that "You would need to setup out of home streaming once using the mobile app"--I hadn't done that. Odd to me that one would need to use a smartphone app for an application not involving a smartphone. Would be nice if it simply, instead, just could be done at online.tivo.com/one's TiVo online account . . . . Perhaps someone could suggest that to @tiv0_Shoop (am not a TiVo.Innovate Facebook group member myself, to do so).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  10. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    I think it's probably a relic of how OOH streaming was initially only available on the phones, plus the networking limitations of an html browser vs. what you can do with a dedicated app. Whatever it is, hopefully it's something they'll be addressing as they release updated ios and and android apps, and updated TiVo software.

Mikeguy likes this.
  11. tampa8

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    Read on, everyone can now as long as you have set up streaming with a mobile app first. This isn't a limited release.

12. tampa8

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    Adding to that it seems obvious to me there is no mechanism via TIVO Online on a computer to set up ooh streaming so the only way is as TIVO says, with a mobile app first. If they want to work on a way to set up OOH streaming via a computer that would be nice for the few that don't have a mobile to do it with.
    This was a pleasant surprise that many have wanted for quite sometime.

gonzotek likes this.