Tivo Onepass not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by direwolf20, May 23, 2015.

1. direwolf20

direwolf20 New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Hi guys,
    After doing some digging, i THINK I know whats happening and why, but I'm hoping ya'll can help clarify.

I have a show set to record with onepass for 'repeats and first runs' but I noticed it hasn't been recording much lately. At all. I made sure its set to record all channels. The 'Upcoming' lists a bunch of episodes but none are set to be recorded. I couldn't figure out why.

The history of my Recordings shows that these shows weren't recorded for the reason 'Duplicate'. This doesn't make any sense to me, as the episode listed is not recorded currently on the Tivo. We have 5 episodes of it at the moment, and the recording setting is set to allow 10.

Am I running into the 28 day rule here? This episode may have been recorded recently, and we probably watched it and deleted it, but I'd like to have it recorded again. The 28 day rule is the only thing that makes sense.

Since OnePass no longer has an 'everything' option, I went ahead and setup a WishList to record everything. However, am I also correct in thinking that it'll record the same episode multiple times? So Season1 Episode1 might have 3 copies on my Tivo now?

Is there any middle ground between these 2 options. I want repeats to be recorded, even if they fall into the 28 day rule, but I don't want multiple copies of the SAME episode at the same time.

Am I making sense?

2. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I think you explained it well.

Yes, probably the 28 day rule/limit.

The "Everything" option includes duplicates.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I have to ask, why are you deleting the programs only to want them recorded again? It seems the simple answer here is to not to delete them or to delete them if you don't want them recorded again (within the 28 days).

4. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    If you deleted them, are they in your Recently Deleted Recordings folder?