Tivo+ now on Roamio Pro?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by pshivers, Mar 20, 2020.

1. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Was just scrolling through my guide and now there are a few selections for Tivo+ selections....

I didn't think Tivo+ was coming to the Roamio platform??

Paul Shivers

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Are you running TE3 or TE4 ?

3. shadowplay0918

shadowplay0918 Member

May 16, 2011
    Just appeared in mine as well, I'm running TE4.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. humbb

humbb Active Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA
    Too much work to squeeze Tivo+ ads' square peg into TE3 Live Guide's round hole. Fine by me.

mazman and wbrightfl like this.
  5. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I’ve had it on my Roamio Plus for months.

ajwees41 and Noelmel like this.
  6. weaver

weaver Member TCF Club

Feb 27, 2004
    New...
    It appeared on my Roamio Pro yesterday.

7. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Welcome to the club!

8. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Downgrade. Do it now, send a message.

9. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    No idea to know what TE3 or TE4 is. I am running software version 21.9.7.v3-840-6-840.

Paul Shivers

Noelmel likes this.
  10. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    It does not seem to intrude on anything, Tivo+ selections are on every other page or less. The Tivo+ program comes up just fine, feels more like streaming an app on Tivo, Like Netflix, except it is only the program playing with few options while playing.

Paul Shivers

11. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I’ve had it on my roamio pro TE4 for months as well. The lines in the guide come and go with service connections or updates Currently they are gone but it’s happened before and they come back randomly. I’ve never launched the program and accepted the TOS though. And I never did get pre roll ads... knock on wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Which means that you're on "TiVo Experience 4," the most modern of the TiVo user interfaces. Some people love it, some people less so (it's missing certain of the beloved features of the earlier user interface, TE3)--in the latter case, some people have chosen to remain on TE3 (TiVo has made that possible for all its TiVo box models except the specifically-denominated Bolt OTA model and the Edge platform).

Noelmel and pshivers like this.
  13. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I'm not having any problems at all with my Tivo systems, 2 Roamio's and 3 Mini's as they are now.

My biggest improvement to my TiVo was moving out of Southern California and Spectrum to Lubbock, Texas with Suddenlink and no more Tuning Adapter requirements!

The system just works now, probably why I'm not current on what's going on in the Tivo world, I've not been searching for problem resolutions in 9 months!

I am looking forward to trying out the new Tivo streaming service next month, maybe it will replace my Roku...

Paul Shivers

14. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Version 20.... means TE3 the original older experience. And version 21.... means TE4 the new “Hydra” experience

Mikeguy and pshivers like this.
  15. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I too have had the ads in the guide for a while now. What has changed is the grey screen before a recording which in time I would assume will lead to an ad before my recording is played. Gives me a few seconds to pick or scratch something; or grab my drink. Not a big deal!!

16. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Tivo sent a message informing me of Tivo+ being available...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    ^^ They must have sent that to everyone. I got it too but have had Tivo+ since launch

18. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I officially have pretty roll commercials on my Roamio. I also learned that hitting ff one time allows you to keep closed captioning while watching your show.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  19. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    The new Tivo service is Sling TV. You can try it now if you wish.

20. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    No.

TiVo is releasing an AndroidTV powered stream dongle which will offer steaming apps from the Google Play store in the TiVo UI.

It will integrate streaming shows with a live TV guide that’s compatible with Sling TV’s live programming.

The hardware is based on Sling’s current AirTV Player device but the software will be different.

This new product has nothing to do with TiVo+ except for the fact that it’ll be available on it.

Noelmel likes this.