Tivo not seeing JavaHMO

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Tracy RainH2o, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    I just redid my computer with XP Pro, SP2. After my JavaHMO install my Tivos do not see the JavaHMO. I was running it with no problems previously, when I had Windows 2000.

I made the Firewall exception on ports 8081 and 2190 as stated on the JavaHMO FAQ. I have also tried to manually add the server IP address. The strange thing is that I am running the Tivo Desktop and my Tivos see it. I thought they used the same beacon and port. I do have the Tivo Beacon option checked in the prefs.

Any suggestions?

2. SpaceBug

SpaceBug New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    I'm new around here but I do know about this. SP2 turns on the Windows Firewall and that is blocking a couple of ports that you need. The solution is provided in the javahmo FAQ (item #15):

1. Windows Security Center -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> Add Port
    Set port number 2190 and select UDP protocol

2. Windows Security Center -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> Add Port
    Set port number 8081 and select TCP protocol

Now that I have mine running I guess I installed the wrong app. Reading around here I find that Galleon is the way to go. Oh well!

3. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Thanks for the suggestion but I had already add those ports. My problem was VPN.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    If your TiVo has at least the 7.1 software, you might want to check out Galleon, which is JavaHMO's successor.

5. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    I'm a DTivo'er. No Galleon for me. :(

I'm using it for Weather and Movie Listings. However, I can't make the music plugin work. It says I don't have any music being shared. Beats me.......Music on my Tivo Desktop app. works great. :confused: